MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No busses to African Lion Safari? lawleypop Automotive & Transportation 15 03-05-2010 01:02 PM
What browser do you use? aaront General Discussion 22 07-08-2009 10:51 AM
which browser are you guys using? kanishka General Discussion 68 07-06-2009 07:45 PM
New Websites for MSU and SOCS Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 08-31-2008 05:52 AM

Problems With Safari Browser and Mac Websites

Old 07-24-2009 at 04:50 PM   #1
Gibson

Liked: 3 Times

Problems With Safari Browser and Mac Websites
So I've been trying to access a lot of things from the Mac associated websites but I'm pretty sure it's just Safari that is causing me problems. With SOLAR it wouldn't let me continue past getting into SOLAR so it took me forever to figure it out and get on with another computer. Then with the Horizons registration forms they keep coming up blank when I try to open them up. I have also tried opening these forms with both internet explorer for mac and firefox but even those are coming up blank so I'm starting to consider the idea it is a bigger problem than just Safari.

Any ideas?
Old 07-24-2009 at 05:00 PM   #2
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Don't use Safari... Firefox is the best browser by far (for both Windows and Mac users), and you can't beat the ability to install add-ons.

I love Firefox... I deal with less adware and malicious attacks from the internet, I don't see advertisements (because of an add-on), and I've skinned it to match everything else on my desktop.

Also, all of Mac's websites and everything are compatible with Firefox

If you're having trouble accessing thingsl like SOLAR or other parts of Mac's websites, it's probably a server-side issue. They come up more often than you think.
Old 07-24-2009 at 05:06 PM   #3
Gibson

I just seem to be encountering problems with Firefox as well, and I've been trying to get newer versions of Firefox but nothing seems to be working. When I try to login to something like mugsi it gives me the option for my macid, so i sign in and the login window continues to reboot after each try never actually allowing me in
Old 07-24-2009 at 05:10 PM   #4
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Try logging into Maccess, and let me know if you can access MUGSI through there:

https://maccess.mcmaster.ca/portal/dt
Old 07-24-2009 at 05:19 PM   #5
Gibson

Thanks a lot that did work. I completely forgot about maccess. I guess it doesn't really solve the horizons problem but this is better for the long term.