MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone having problems getting into Avenue? xxsumz Computers & Tech 6 09-28-2010 04:47 PM
macinsiders problems Juve General Discussion 3 09-21-2010 09:37 PM
Problems on SOLAR Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2010 10:37 PM
Registration Problems jeff87 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-04-2008 01:35 AM

Problems with your room

Old 09-19-2009 at 12:21 AM   #1
smiles

Liked: 20 Times

Problems with your room
Have you guys been able to get your complaints/problems sorted out? I have mold in my room (apparently my room was flooded... and I don't even want to see what will be underneath the carpet) and I told Housing about it on the first night of move-in, reminded them 3 times since, and they still haven't been by my room to check it out. As long as it stays warm, I can keep my windows open and fan on to air out the room for the smell, but once winter kicks in, I won't be able to keep my window 24/7 and air my room all the time. I feel like I'm hitting a wall of smell every day when I walk into my room and I have trouble sleeping, not to mention hating my room and my residence. Does anyone know what can be done about this?
Old 09-19-2009 at 12:46 AM   #2
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Hi smiles,

One method you can get your voice heard is by joining the Facilities Committee of the Inter-Residence Council (IRC). Contact your residence's IRC Representatives on when the committee meets. Become a FLIRC!

.:callen:. likes this.
Old 09-19-2009 at 09:57 AM   #3
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Housing is dealing with a tidal wave of work orders right now and only has the staff to respond to the priority ones. Make sure you keep telling everyone, the service desk, your C.A's, and the maintenance people around the building if you see them.

Have you gone to the commons service desk and submitted a work order? If you have, get the work order number and send it to the IRC Facilities chair Stephen Thompson at [email protected] om I'm saying this because the Facilities meeting doesnt start until October 4th and this is a pretty serious concern. Steve can speak to one of the Facilities Officers and get them to look into it.
Old 09-19-2009 at 11:26 AM   #4
smiles

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:callen:. View Post
Housing is dealing with a tidal wave of work orders right now and only has the staff to respond to the priority ones. Make sure you keep telling everyone, the service desk, your C.A's, and the maintenance people around the building if you see them.

Have you gone to the commons service desk and submitted a work order? If you have, get the work order number and send it to the IRC Facilities chair Stephen Thompson at [email protected] om I'm saying this because the Facilities meeting doesnt start until October 4th and this is a pretty serious concern. Steve can speak to one of the Facilities Officers and get them to look into it.
Thank you so much!! I'm really sensitive to smell, and I feel the need to go home every weekend, just to get away from it... It's bad enough that my room is only 2/3 the size of every other single room at my residence... >:-(
Old 09-24-2009
yq0993
This message has been removed by a moderator. .