MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to go about renting a house? Commie42 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 11 12-02-2012 06:01 PM
when renting Chevalier Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 03-26-2011 05:15 PM
Renting Houses lmasud Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 2 01-09-2010 12:31 PM

Process of renting around campus

Old 05-07-2013 at 09:49 AM   #1
solsol

Liked: 0 Times

Process of renting around campus
Hello!

I have lived at home for the first few years of university and now I'm wanting to rent a room around campus. I'm wondering if I should be rushing to find a place now or if I should wait until the end of summer. Is there any rush? I don't want to be taken advantage of and would like to think it out if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2013 at 10:55 AM   #2
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Don't think for too long, the best rooms are rented out fast and you may be left scrambling if you wait too long. Your best bet is to start looking around now, and if you find something you like, act swiftly but smartly. Read the lease and make sure you're not agreeing to anything ridiculous. Ask the appropriate questions and don't let yourself be blindsided later. There's always the option to wait, but this is a risk as not a lot of quality rooms will be left. I looked for a place in October once and it was slim pickins, I ended up getting lucky with a sublet but this is not guaranteed.
Old 05-07-2013 at 07:35 PM   #3
jhzheng

Liked: 0 Times

If you are looking for house now, we recently find an apartment with three bedrooms at 1968 main st west, but we need one more people to form a group of three people to sign the contract together.
the apartment is in really good condition, and the rent is 1225 split by three person(if you choose the smaller room,it can be cheaper). the rent include water,heat, parking. it even come with storage room that you store you bikes and a swimming pool, the surrounding is really good and you should really come to see it.
if you interested please contact me: 289-442-6843 or by email: [email protected]
Old 05-07-2013 at 09:19 PM   #4
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

I'm personally waiting until July/Aug. Damn good prices by that point, and I can get an 8 month instead of a 12 month lease/sublet. There are always a bunch of ads in September on MI saying NEED 1 ROOMMATE FOR HOUSE OF 7, etc., so I wouldn't worry.