MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
same course, different prof Joyceyblank First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-05-2012 10:51 AM
Math evaluation for first years? 5.98e24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-25-2011 08:14 PM
How can you tell if your prof is in to you? Rakim General Discussion 32 03-11-2011 01:54 AM
Course evaluation results Goce Academics 1 04-27-2010 09:10 PM
Vote For Your Fav. Prof! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-12-2007 02:03 PM

Prof without evaluation

Old 11-25-2012 at 11:13 PM   #1
summercandy

Liked: 3 Times

Prof without evaluation
All the profs that I was able to evaluate for got positive evaluations, but the one that I actually wanted to evaluate on for some reason doesn't have it online. I really want to give her a bad evaluation as she was the worst prof I ever had (thats an understatement). I thought these were mandatory? How on earth doesn't she have one online... and secondly if I can't evaluate her on this (tried ratemyprofessor, went to hers, she has terrible reviews) but should I talk to my academic counsellor or complain to the head? She really needs to lose her job.
Old 11-25-2012 at 11:48 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

she may have one in class...

ps. lol
Old 11-26-2012 at 12:19 AM   #3
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

You are the first student I see, who's actually trying hard to bash his prof. You must really hate her.

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-26-2012 at 05:59 AM   #4
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

If she doesn't want comments, she knows she's bad and it makes her happy.
Old 11-26-2012 at 07:44 AM   #5
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
If she doesn't want comments, she knows she's bad and it makes her happy.
what makes you think she deliberately tries to avoid it?
Old 11-26-2012 at 09:12 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
You are the first student I see, who's actually trying hard to bash his prof. You must really hate her.
Meh, I've been in this situation before. Some profs deserve it.

I think I had an online course eval maybe one or two times my entire four years at Mac. They're probably trying to move everything online, but the traditional practice is to do a course eval in one of the last few classes (often but not always the very last class).

summercandy says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 11-26-2012 at 11:37 AM   #7
summercandy

Quote:
I really, really do, All the other students have an issue with her too. Something needs to be done she does not deserve to teach.
Old 11-26-2012 at 09:29 PM   #8
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by summercandy View Post
I really, really do, All the other students have an issue with her too. Something needs to be done she does not deserve to teach.
tell me the prof's name and class, ill check around. because it really seems that you just blame her for your own inabilities, like most students with low average.

Entropy likes this.
Old 11-26-2012 at 09:34 PM   #9
summercandy

Quote:
tell me the prof's name and class, ill check around. because it really seems that you just blame her for your own inabilities, like most students with low average.
Finsten. 2RP3. ratemyprofessors.com/ and tell me if I'm the only one with that opinion and I don't have a low average actually but thank you for the assumption.
Old 11-26-2012 at 10:05 PM   #10
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by summercandy View Post
Finsten. 2RP3. ratemyprofessors.com/ and tell me if I'm the only one with that opinion and I don't have a low average actually but thank you for the assumption.
Well, it appears some people like her, some dont, like I said, if the class is hard, majority of students will be below average mark, thus she gets a lot of crap.

I'm saying that because I know she can't be that bad, since she at least speaks English.

Chris23 likes this.
Old 11-26-2012 at 10:15 PM   #11
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Well, it appears some people like her, some dont, like I said, if the class is hard, majority of students will be below average mark, thus she gets a lot of crap.

I'm saying that because I know she can't be that bad, since she at least speaks English
Two of the worst profs I've ever had speak English as their first language.
Some of the best profs I've ever had don't speak English as their first language.

Communication is an important aspect of teaching, but it is not the sole determining factor of the quality of a prof, nor is it automatically a strike against a prof who is not a native English speaker.

You can hate a prof, genuinely believe they're a horrible teacher, and still get a 12 in their course. There are people who try to blame the prof for them doing poorly, especially in a difficult class. Some of the time it is justified, but nobody will listen to the people who get low marks if they complain. The people with high marks tend to not care enough to complain because they did well in the course anyways, and then when they do complain, it's not taken seriously.

I had a prof give everybody in the course 11 or 12 so that we would have nothing to complain about since we still got good marks. It worked, for most people...the number of people who complained was much less than it would have been otherwise.
Old 11-26-2012 at 10:49 PM   #12
AngryBean
Account Locked

I didn't say anything about English being first language or otherwise. im talking about speaking it at all. Dont between the lines.

Nah, Im not gonna waste my time here. Hate whoever you want, not gonna change anything.

Is it really worth your time ranting a prof who you are not gonna remember in 10 years?
Old 11-26-2012 at 11:53 PM   #13
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

The funny thing is that the OP thinks their bashing will actually result in a prof losing their job. The administration can tell the difference between students complaining over a hard course and a bad prof. also, a lot of profs are untouchable because of the money they bring into the university in the form of research grants. Stop wasting your time, finish the class this term, and call me crazy with this idea, but dont take any future classes with her as a prof! was that so difficult?
Old 11-27-2012 at 09:56 AM   #14
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
I didn't say anything about English being first language or otherwise. im talking about speaking it at all. Dont between the lines.

Nah, Im not gonna waste my time here. Hate whoever you want, not gonna change anything.

Is it really worth your time ranting a prof who you are not gonna remember in 10 years?
Oh, I will certainly remember both of those profs in ten years.
Define "doesn't speak english at all"...I had a prof who would often lapse into lecturing in French, without realizing that he wasn't speaking English. He still wasn't as terrible as the other two profs I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
The funny thing is that the OP thinks their bashing will actually result in a prof losing their job. The administration can tell the difference between students complaining over a hard course and a bad prof. also, a lot of profs are untouchable because of the money they bring into the university in the form of research grants. Stop wasting your time, finish the class this term, and call me crazy with this idea, but dont take any future classes with her as a prof! was that so difficult?
One of the profs I mentioned got fired
Yes, if the prof is tenured there's pretty much no point...but not all profs are tenured.
Old 11-27-2012 at 09:59 AM   #15
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Well congratulations to you, you just single handedly ruined an entire family's income, scarred a person's reputation, just for personal satisfaction. Hope there is employee reviews where you work in the future and someone does the same for you