MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honours Biology (Physiology Specialization) Juliann Academics 2 03-08-2011 12:52 PM
The Origins Specialization goodnews.inc Academics 3 02-16-2010 03:45 PM
Accounting Major/Specialization MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 12-12-2009 08:59 PM
Biomedical Specialization M&M&M&M First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-15-2009 11:36 AM
Honours Biology - Genetics Specialization rrtt Academics 0 03-22-2009 01:02 PM

Program Specialization?

Old 04-29-2011 at 07:12 PM   #1
ThagsanaR

Liked: 10 Times

Program Specialization?
Hey everyone,

When do you find out whether you get into your Level II specialization? Also, for eng in particular, can you get into all of your choices (so that you can chose from the choices), or just one of your choices? I've heard way too many different theories. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011 at 07:19 PM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

As far as I know if engineers get into their first choice, they are no longer considered for their other choices.

I believe you find out which programs you got into on your final grade report, which should be released on May 31st.

ThagsanaR says thanks to RememberTwce for this post.
Old 04-29-2011 at 07:25 PM   #3
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
As far as I know if engineers get into their first choice, they are no longer considered for their other choices.

I believe you find out which programs you got into on your final grade report, which should be released on May 31st.
You're really helpful and never troll... I'm taking you off my list of people I think are Rakim.

EDIT: To be fair, Rakim is helpful sometimes. And I like his trolling, because it's not as annoying as everyone else's.

Last edited by alh24 : 04-29-2011 at 07:41 PM.

RememberTwce says thanks to alh24 for this post.

Old 04-29-2011 at 07:44 PM   #4
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

As I know, for engineering you get into your first choice, if you didn't then second and so on. You don't GET INTO all of them. So if you want to change your choice preferences contact the office asap.

Good Luck.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

ThagsanaR says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.
Old 04-29-2011 at 07:45 PM   #5
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
You're really helpful and never troll... I'm taking you off my list of people I think are Rakim.

EDIT: To be fair, Rakim is helpful sometimes. And I like his trolling, because it's not as annoying as everyone else's.
I think you are Rakim ! trying to show us that you have a list of different people who you think Rakim is ...

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

RememberTwce says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.

alh24, RememberTwce like this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 10:30 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

As stated above you only get into the first position that you qualify for. If you want another one, you can talk right away to Sally or someone else in the office as you might be able to switch your choice if you qualify.

ThagsanaR says thanks to MacPack for this post.
Old 04-30-2011 at 01:08 AM   #7
W. Steinitz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

When do we find out if we got in our first choice?
Old 04-30-2011 at 01:12 AM   #8
neagupi

Liked: 0 Times

Is there any way to see what programs you applied for, I applied to biomedical as my first choice but i may have gotten confused with electrical and biomedical and just electrical and I really don't want to find out that i have the average needed but i got into the wrong program.
Old 04-30-2011 at 01:12 AM   #9
alex751

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Steinitz View Post
When do we find out if we got in our first choice?
may 31, you should at least read the first response