MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 1x03 kuruczpa Academics 9 09-13-2010 09:08 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM
Psych 1X03 TheAxtmann Academics 37 07-12-2009 01:27 AM

Psych 1x03

Old 09-24-2011 at 09:56 PM   #1
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

Psych 1x03
hi
i m taking this course. not really enjoying it that much b/c i dont know how to study for it. so for those people who have taken this course, how did you study for it and how do u recommend i study for it?
Old 09-24-2011 at 10:11 PM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

hey, im taking the course with u know

wht im doing is just making notes on the lectures and reading the book: underling, hi-lighting and making lil paragraph summaries on the side

Its not like we have a test for this class. So focus on the material for the quiz in tht week and u shd be fine.

This wht im doing, other ppl have diff. ways of studying...

wht ever work for u
Old 09-24-2011 at 10:15 PM   #3
none92

Liked: 1 Time

Go watch the web module, and actually attend the tutorial, and really try to participate, and finally for the quiz, always do it in groups, never by yourself
Old 09-24-2011 at 10:16 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

The thing I enjoyed most about this course was the content itself was just so damn interesting... i don't understand how you're not enjoying it because you don't know how to study for it... :/

Do you have the custom coursewear?

britb, jon.john23 like this.
Old 09-24-2011 at 11:10 PM   #5
eccentrikkk

Liked: 8 Times

watch the web modules and take thorough notes on them... ask lots of questions in tutorial about the things you don't understand... do your quizzes in groups with other students... do the experimentrix to have 5% weighted off of your final exam

I bombed the midterm, got 52% but somehow managed to end up with a B as my final mark
Old 09-25-2011 at 10:20 AM   #6
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Apparently this class is harder now than the past years.

jon.john23 likes this.
Old 09-25-2011 at 10:43 AM   #7
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Apparently this class is harder now than the past years.
Not really, it's about the same difficulty, but there's no midterm anymore so the difficulty of the quizzes has been raised to match what the midterm would've been like.
Old 09-25-2011 at 12:00 PM   #8
eccentrikkk

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Not really, it's about the same difficulty, but there's no midterm anymore so the difficulty of the quizzes has been raised to match what the midterm would've been like.
That sucks that there's no midterm anymore... That just added a lot more pressure onto doing well on the quizzes HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT SUCKS! (well not really if you do them in groups because then there's a higher chance of getting all the answers right)
Old 09-25-2011 at 01:17 PM   #9
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Actually, I hear that the e-book that was optional in past years is now a required textbook, which would probably make the course a bit more difficult
Old 09-25-2011 at 01:22 PM   #10
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Do the readings and focus on conceptual learning. The material is intensive, but it is possible to do well if you keep on top of things. Visit office hours (as described on the Course Outline) and TA's will be happy to help you.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-25-2011 at 04:20 PM   #11
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
Actually, I hear that the e-book that was optional in past years is now a required textbook, which would probably make the course a bit more difficult
The textbook is really just further explanations and examples of the content in the web modules, there's really nothing new in the course conceptually.