MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 1x03 MIpolice First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-21-2010 06:02 PM
psych 1x03 Alessia First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-18-2009 01:27 PM
Psych 1X03 niteskie General Discussion 6 09-09-2009 10:36 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM
Psych 1X03 TheAxtmann Academics 37 07-12-2009 01:27 AM

Psych 1X03 Review Thread

Old 10-27-2010 at 09:47 PM   #1
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Psych 1X03 Review Thread
Hey guys, since there aren't any practice tests available for Psych 1X03, and I really need to do questions to see if I understand the content, I decided to start a review thread. Basically, just like the exam-styled questions we had to make up, I urge you guys to try and make up exam-styled questions and post them here. This way here should be a range of questions for us to answer.

If you want to post your answer to see if it's correct, please use the [spoiler] tags.
Old 10-27-2010 at 10:22 PM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

We should just have a huge study group tomorrow

xo.monica likes this.
Old 10-27-2010 at 10:39 PM   #3
DarkReaper

Liked: 7 Times

Just study the modules and if you can apply the concepts and theories on a situation, you should be fine.

It is not a memorization test, you have to understand.
Old 10-27-2010 at 11:38 PM   #4
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper View Post
Just study the modules and if you can apply the concepts and theories on a situation, you should be fine.

It is not a memorization test, you have to understand.
Im still gonna push the study group idea. We can help each other to understand whats going on?

-- I think the lectures are pretty much gonna cover most of the midterm. Theres a lot of M/C problems that people posted online on the discussion board so you should check those out.

On a related note, I plan to start studying tomorrow morning 9:45 until however long I need to study for. So in essence all day. Mainly cause I dont know anything and I have no breaks on Friday.
Old 10-28-2010 at 12:34 AM   #5
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Ehhh, I'm too lazy to upload my notes onto Megaupload or something, but I made very detailed notes. I find it much easier to read them than rewatch the videos...

If anyone wants them, go to the discussion board on Avenue and then to Micayla's tutorial section...the notes are attached in "Study Notes Up To (last thing on midterm)"
Old 10-28-2010 at 06:30 AM   #6
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Ehhh, I'm too lazy to upload my notes onto Megaupload or something, but I made very detailed notes. I find it much easier to read them than rewatch the videos...

If anyone wants them, go to the discussion board on Avenue and then to Micayla's tutorial section...the notes are attached in "Study Notes Up To (last thing on midterm)"
Thank you you sexy asian!!

...You're asian right?
Old 10-28-2010 at 02:06 PM   #7
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

It's on the second page in Micayla's tut section, titled "study notes, up to categories and concepts" posted by wenwan li (my lame chinese name)
Old 10-28-2010 at 03:38 PM   #8
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Speaking from experience, KNOW THE MATERIAL in every way possible, as mentioned, memorization will get you no where.
the questions on the midterm and final are complex questions that have multiple levels to them. So to understand one part of the question you need to understand another part, and both to figure out the answer.
Also, be aware that Dr. kim LOVES to add, 'all of the above' and 'none of the above' in the same question... which ended up messing people up last year by making them question their choice since those options were there. if you really think you'reright, don't question yourself because those options are available... *but know that some questions might actually be none or all of the above*

I'm surprised he doesn't have practice questions for you guys? he did last year on intropsych...??
Old 10-28-2010 at 04:12 PM   #9
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
Speaking from experience, KNOW THE MATERIAL in every way possible, as mentioned, memorization will get you no where.
the questions on the midterm and final are complex questions that have multiple levels to them. So to understand one part of the question you need to understand another part, and both to figure out the answer.
Also, be aware that Dr. kim LOVES to add, 'all of the above' and 'none of the above' in the same question... which ended up messing people up last year by making them question their choice since those options were there. if you really think you'reright, don't question yourself because those options are available... *but know that some questions might actually be none or all of the above*

I'm surprised he doesn't have practice questions for you guys? he did last year on intropsych...??
Practice questions would be useful... But w/e as long az you know your stuff your good.
Old 10-28-2010 at 04:38 PM   #10
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Practice questions would be useful... But w/e as long az you know your stuff your good.
Psych and Organizational behaviour back to back is going to be hard for those in management.
Old 10-28-2010 at 05:35 PM   #11
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Which room are you guys writing in?
Old 10-28-2010 at 05:43 PM   #12
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
Psych and Organizational behaviour back to back is going to be hard for those in management.
I dont have organizational behaviour but I do have elec eng 2CI5 and management midterms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
HSC 1A5
Old 10-28-2010 at 06:31 PM   #13
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Seriously? no practice questions at all? Lemme know if you guys want me to try and find some from last year that I may have.
Old 10-28-2010 at 06:33 PM   #14
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid View Post
Seriously? no practice questions at all? Lemme know if you guys want me to try and find some from last year that I may have.
There are tons of practice questions, there are no practice tests.
Old 10-28-2010 at 06:33 PM   #15
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
MDCL 1305

To fill in for that stupid 12char limit, here's a picture of a goat: