MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching Psych 2AA3 for Psych 2AP3 TLulu Academics 0 08-23-2010 11:34 AM
anyone planning on dropping life sci 2h03, psych 2ap3, or psych 2c03 second semester? macbaby07 Academics 2 07-12-2010 05:32 PM
Psych 2aa3, 2ap3, 2b03, 2c03 BDiplock63 Academics 27 06-16-2010 06:34 AM

PSYCH 2AA3 vs PSYCH 2AP3?

Old 06-13-2013 at 10:38 AM   #1
shelby.lam12

Liked: 0 Times

PSYCH 2AA3 vs PSYCH 2AP3?
I was wondering what people thought about these two classes in terms of interest and easiness. I need a psych credit with the highest mark possible. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013 at 10:45 AM   #2
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

well it depends what your learning style is, abnormal is heavy memorization compared to 2aa3. if you have had a class with dr day you probably know that he has online practice questions which are very helpful when studying for the midterms, and his slides are also a huge help. dr ostovich doesn't post slides until AFTER she finishes the section which means when in class you have to constantly be typing! and the other good thing about abnormal is that dr day posts podcasts so if you miss a class it's no big deal --> this is not true for 2aa3. content for both courses are interesting but i found abnormal psych more interesting, only reason why i took 2aa3 was so i could take adolescent psych with dr day and now he's not even teaching it anymore :(! but anyways my opinion is obviously biased because i did better in abnormal than in child development and i love dr day's teaching style!
Old 06-13-2013 at 03:57 PM   #3
Bigmacfatpack

Liked: 13 Times

Who will be teaching Abnormal Psych 2AP3 2nd term? What do you think of the profs teaching this course?
Old 06-13-2013 at 04:05 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Dr Day usually teachs Psych 2AP3, and I highly recommend this course. It might be the most interesting one I've taken so far. He's also a great lecturer, and if you miss a class you can always listen to the podcast. The midterm has a quizbank, so you'll always know ~80% of the questions, with the rest coming from textbook readings/guest lectures.