MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PSYCH 2AP3 (ABNORMAL PSYCH) Midterm 1 -what did you think?? demelo_b Academics 18 10-17-2010 04:47 PM
Switching Psych 2AA3 for Psych 2AP3 TLulu Academics 0 08-23-2010 11:34 AM
Course exchange: Psych 2H03 for Psych 2AP3 SashDoods Academics 0 08-13-2010 12:59 PM
compare psych 2ap3 and psych 2h03 nadia1 Academics 0 07-26-2010 06:05 PM
anyone planning on dropping life sci 2h03, psych 2ap3, or psych 2c03 second semester? macbaby07 Academics 2 07-12-2010 05:32 PM

Psych 2ap3 Watch!

Old 06-16-2010 at 12:16 PM   #16
nciggle

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
D:

Well, I can't pick courses til Wednesday night, and I wanna do a Psych major.
D:

everything's already full, fml
If you are a Psych major and it's one of your requirements there will be space for you. If it's full when you log onto SOLAR then just contact the department and they will open up a space for you.

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II
Old 06-16-2010 at 12:20 PM   #17
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nciggle View Post
If you are a Psych major and it's one of your requirements there will be space for you. If it's full when you log onto SOLAR then just contact the department and they will open up a space for you.
thats not always the case... generally they say to keep checking mugsi
Old 06-16-2010 at 12:27 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
thats not always the case... generally they say to keep checking mugsi
That's what they generally say at the beginning because it's so early. They probably have tons of people asking them for seats. We're in June right now and classes start in September (some start in January). If many students can get into the class without their help then they just made their job easier.

I just see McMaster as a lazy university that wants our money. If you start to think like that a lot of things start to make sense.

Rakim, Haller, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 06-16-2010 at 01:35 PM   #19
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

This sucks i need those courses all of them.....looks like ill be up for at least 48hrs trying to get in ..sigh
Old 06-16-2010 at 01:38 PM   #20
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

From what I know Psych 2AP3 isn't a requirement for any program so I doubt they'll open up seats for anyone? :S
Old 06-16-2010 at 02:49 PM   #21
Kubs

Liked: 0 Times

I am so pissed that Soc Sci gets to choose their courses last !!
And psych 2AP3 is what I wanted the most, and I'm a psych major as well :(
Blah, someone better drop it soon I want it badly

And Psych 2AP3 is a requirement for Social Psychology I think?
Old 06-16-2010 at 02:56 PM   #22
kimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cheng View Post
From what I know Psych 2AP3 isn't a requirement for any program so I doubt they'll open up seats for anyone? :S
actually it is a requirement for some courses psych related
I just called in and they said the reason its full is because its reserved for us social science students that get to pick last and require some of those courses, after we get to choose then the left over is up for gamble I guess.

resh.jyoti says thanks to kimzy for this post.
Old 06-16-2010 at 02:58 PM   #23
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
I just called in and they said the reason its full is because its reserved for us social science students that get to pick last and require some of those courses, after we get to choose then the left over is up for gamble I guess.
so if i go on tonight (a life sci student) it wont be open to me?
Old 06-16-2010 at 03:04 PM   #24
kimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
so if i go on tonight (a life sci student) it wont be open to me?
If you are not doing a psych major then no because there are other options for you, but when it re opens for sectioning then they said there will be a chance for you to get in if spots are still available.

I guess you can still try you never know, someone from your program who might have taken it because they couldnt get into another course that they wanted.... could have gotten in finally and dropped it ....leaving a spot open for a life sci student like yourself

hope that makes sense and isn't too confusing

Rakim says thanks to kimzy for this post.
Old 06-16-2010 at 03:05 PM   #25
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Ahh I see I didn't think to check soc sci but I'm in Biopsych so I know it wasn't a requirement for me so I checked Hon. Psych and it wasn't a requirement for them but I checked through Science faculty~
Old 06-16-2010 at 03:58 PM   #26
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
If you are not doing a psych major then no because there are other options for you, but when it re opens for sectioning then they said there will be a chance for you to get in if spots are still available.

I don't see how that's fair at all; the science and social science psych programs require the same courses. Those who are majoring in Social Psychology have to pick 18 units from PSYCH 2AA3, 2AP3, 2B03, 2C03, 3AB3, 3AC3, 3AG3, 3B03, 3BA3, 3CB3, 3CC3, 3CD3, 3JJ3, so it's not even mandatory for them either. In fact, Psych 2AP3 is a pre-requisite for some courses that are on the Psychology Course List for the B.A. and B.Sc. psych programs, such as Forensic Psychology.
Old 06-16-2010 at 04:10 PM   #27
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mike View Post
I don't see how that's fair at all; the science and social science psych programs require the same courses. Those who are majoring in Social Psychology have to pick 18 units from PSYCH 2AA3, 2AP3, 2B03, 2C03, 3AB3, 3AC3, 3AG3, 3B03, 3BA3, 3CB3, 3CC3, 3CD3, 3JJ3, so it's not even mandatory for them either. In fact, Psych 2AP3 is a pre-requisite for some courses that are on the Psychology Course List for the B.A. and B.Sc. psych programs, such as Forensic Psychology.
I don't think it's fair either, but then again, minors don't count as part of your degree, to them. I don't get how this 'seat reservation' system works, especially when they don't know how many students are in what program for second year, because you choose it right before you apply for courses...

_Mike likes this.
Old 06-16-2010 at 04:18 PM   #28
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

I just talked to the girl. It is an elective for us, but it is required for the 3 year BA program. SO they are holding seats... :( hopefully Ill get into it.
Old 06-16-2010 at 04:55 PM   #29
nlobo

Liked: 5 Times

You should all keep checking. I went on at around 10 this morning and got into 2AP3 with no problems ...i think they keep on opening a few seats
Old 06-16-2010 at 05:09 PM   #30
kimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
I don't think it's fair either, but then again, minors don't count as part of your degree, to them. I don't get how this 'seat reservation' system works, especially when they don't know how many students are in what program for second year, because you choose it right before you apply for courses...
I think its fair because they will have a general idea of who is majoring in what based on the acceptances thus far....I don't think they know an actual number but I do understand what they are doing.

It gives every level and faculty a chance to choose the course.
It wouldn't be fair if they just let go of all the seats early on because everyone else in faculties/ levels that has a later course selection date wouldn't even get a chance to choose .