Psych 2F03 vs 2E03 kirbyking Academics 1 06-10-2010 07:40 AM
Psych 2F03 or 2N03? tammy37 Academics 1 08-27-2009 07:17 AM
Psych 2F03 vs Psych 2B03 Thebe Academics 3 08-14-2009 01:52 PM

Psych 2F03

Old 05-26-2009 at 12:59 AM   #16
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Psych 2F03
Taught by Dr. Ullal (who is awesome). This course is a great introduction to topics in Neuroscience.

The material at the beginning of the course is very dry. You learn (for the 3022023203820th time) about neuroimaging techniques (fmri, ct, etc.). Although boring, it's necessary to...

says thanks to mgallant for this post.
Old 12-24-2010 at 12:49 AM   #15
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times
I took grade 12 calculus and grade 11 physics only. Would I be in trouble for this course?
Old 01-02-2011 at 01:41 PM   #16
Juicebox

Liked: 179 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
I took grade 12 calculus and grade 11 physics only. Would I be in trouble for this course?
Not at all. Whenever math is used it is fairly basic stuff that highschool should have covered. Just be prepared to memorize an incredible amount of information to do well. The sad thing is that in this course, outside of the brainteasers and assignments (total 20%) you simply need to memorize all the numbers/disorders/key words. There are a few comprehensive questions that really test your knowledge, but those should be fairly easy as a lot of lecture time is dedicated to them and you will know beforehand if you don't understand those concepts.
Old 01-03-2011 at 09:37 PM   #17
Dulitha

Liked: Liked 4 Times
As long as you go over your notes many times and attend lectures and the tutorials, you will do well in this course. The tutorials for this class are very helpful and review all the main concepts taught in the previous class. Dr Goldreich is one of the best professors I have had at mac.
Old 09-14-2011 at 04:36 PM   #18
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times
How 'required' is the textbook for this course? Or is it basically just he tests from the lectures and the textbook will help you with anything you didn't quite understand?
Old 05-07-2012 at 07:19 AM   #19
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times
How are grades typically distributed? Is it possible to get a high grade? I took (a couple of) classes this year where the general rule seemed to be along the lines of "class average is a C, therefore everyone gets a C"...
Thinking about taking this class, but I don't want to be stuck in the same situation...

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search