MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 2E03 vs Psych 2N03 Opinions thoughts etc lithiumforce Academics 3 06-25-2010 04:39 PM
Psych 2C03 vs 2N03 Prabh Academics 0 06-17-2010 11:55 PM
Psych 2n03 plums Academics 1 11-07-2009 11:47 AM
Psych 2F03 or 2N03? tammy37 Academics 1 08-27-2009 07:17 AM

Psych 2N03 advice!

Old 06-15-2010 at 08:08 PM   #1
Cardio

Liked: 1 Time

Psych 2N03 advice!
Hi,

I've looked in the course reviews for Psych 2N03 (which was 2D03 prior to 2009) and haven't found much info.

Has anyone taken the course last year (2009)? If so, how difficult was the course, material, exams etc? Would you recommend it as an elective?

Any advice would be awesome!
Old 06-15-2010 at 08:33 PM   #2
sana1504

Liked: 7 Times

did you happen to see the course outline already?
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/psy..._outline09.pdf
Old 06-15-2010 at 09:17 PM   #3
yasmine

Liked: 0 Times

Hello,

I took the course last year and it was hands down the best course of the semester. People complain because Ullal tends to ask a lot of small details (he has high expectations for sure) but on the flipside, he says everything you need to know in class (except for maybe a Q or 2 from the textbook-don't waste your time reading it) and is always willing to go over any concepts in his office hours. He also tends to give hints about what matters and what doesn't for the midterms. Definitely keep up with your notes (I recommend cue cards) cause the amount can be overwhelming if you wait till the end but it's very interesting material and if you GO TO CLASS and actually try you can definitely get at least a 10 if not higher.

Cardio, feonateresa all say thanks to yasmine for this post.
Old 06-15-2010 at 09:22 PM   #4
salimak

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmine View Post
Hello,

I took the course last year and it was hands down the best course of the semester. People complain because Ullal tends to ask a lot of small details (he has high expectations for sure) but on the flipside, he says everything you need to know in class (except for maybe a Q or 2 from the textbook-don't waste your time reading it) and is always willing to go over any concepts in his office hours. He also tends to give hints about what matters and what doesn't for the midterms. Definitely keep up with your notes (I recommend cue cards) cause the amount can be overwhelming if you wait till the end but it's very interesting material and if you GO TO CLASS and actually try you can definitely get at least a 10 if not higher.
I agree I regret not going to some of the classes as it is alot of info. it is such an interesting course but by the end there are so many diorders and brain regions that it is easy to mix up so definatley make a chart to summarize your notes so you can compare across lectures (Ataxia, aphasia, agnosia, apraxia, can all start to sound the same if you are not dilligent in studying). The assignments and tests are pretty fair if you study and have a good mix of knowledge and application. This course definatley makes hearing about common and uncommon neurological diseases very interesting!!

Cardio says thanks to salimak for this post.
Old 06-15-2010 at 10:05 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Oh, awesome. I'm going to take this next year, hopefully Ullal is still teaching it then.
Old 06-15-2010 at 11:02 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Ahh, I just wish it wasn't conflicting with another required course.=/ How similar is the course to Psych 2F03? It says that they're anti-requisites on the undergrad timetable.
Old 06-16-2010 at 01:15 AM   #7
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

I'm guessing they're pretty similar, because in the Undergraduate Calendar, for H. Psych you can only take 3 units from Psych 2D03, 2F03 and 2N03, and the antirequisite to ALL of those is Life Sci 2C03. But if I were you, I'd look up the course outlines and compare them