MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 3vv3 Or Psych 3f03? mel89 Academics 0 08-21-2010 01:02 PM
Psych 3YY3 Evolution of Human COmmunication navb Academics 0 06-09-2010 09:17 PM
about Psych 3F03 ae1011 Academics 1 06-09-2010 05:40 PM
Need a course review for Psych 3F03 amita_24 Academics 2 05-12-2010 01:08 PM
Psych 3F03 or 3G03 McIntyre Academics 0 06-18-2008 11:37 AM

PSYCH 3F03 - Evolution and Human Behaviour

Old 04-21-2009 at 07:48 PM   #1
Diane16

Liked: 0 Times

PSYCH 3F03 - Evolution and Human Behaviour
I was wondering if anyone has taken Psych 3F03 - Evolution and Human Behaviour. I noticed that there are required readings but no text which I have never experienced in a course. Just wanted to know what the course is like, in terms of difficultly, interest and course load. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Diane
Old 04-21-2009 at 08:53 PM   #2
ryanca

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I took the course last semester, and although the material was extremely interesting it was a very tough course.

Each week you have 1-3 scientific articles you have to read ranging from about 5-20 pages. There are about 20 different scientific articles you have to know inside and out, as well as all the lecture material which relates to the articles.

If you are thinking of taking it as an easy course I do not recommend it

Diane16, Fight0, Kayli all say thanks to ryanca for this post.
Old 04-21-2009 at 10:53 PM   #3
Diane16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanca View Post
I took the course last semester, and although the material was extremely interesting it was a very tough course.

Each week you have 1-3 scientific articles you have to read ranging from about 5-20 pages. There are about 20 different scientific articles you have to know inside and out, as well as all the lecture material which relates to the articles.

Thanks so much! I'm not trying to take it as a bird course I just thought it would be interesting but if it is next to impossible to do well in I will have to rethink taking it. Thanks again.
Old 07-23-2009 at 01:35 PM   #4
katesaidhi

Liked: 3 Times

3F03 Psych
I'm taking it in the summer term right now and it's not a hard course.

If you've never taken a course where you had to read and understand journal articles, you might find this difficult, but since I have already taken Bio 3SS3 Population Ecology which also did not have a textbook, I am finding this course to be easier as I go along.

I recommend taking this course if you are
a) looking to become more skilled at reading scientific journal articles
b) a self-starter
c) at a high literacy level

Hope this helps any students in the future!

Fight0 says thanks to katesaidhi for this post.
Old 08-18-2009 at 08:02 PM   #5
aliatehreem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanca View Post

Would you say that the course is 12-able? Or is it near impossible to get a 12 coz its hard to remember all the content in those 20 articles? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!