MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 1x03 Personality Lectures...Where? Chris094 Academics 5 01-01-2010 02:37 PM
Psych 1x03 Personality Lectures...Where? Chris094 Academics 0 12-30-2009 01:03 PM
Psych 1x03 Personality Lectures...Where? Chris094 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 12-30-2009 01:01 PM
What to do before lectures M&M&M&M First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-11-2009 10:18 AM

Psych live lectures

Old 01-08-2010 at 09:05 PM   #1
dedust
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Psych live lectures
Hey i have this question.. it should be on the psych discussion board but i am just scared i would get beat up by dr kim.

SO if there is anyone out there in psych 1XX3 who knows any thing about the psych live lectures please answer this for me.

so do we have to attend the lecture we are assigned to, or can we just go to another lecture that better fits our time table because the lecture is going to be the same anyways?
Thanks
Old 01-08-2010 at 09:10 PM   #2
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

I don't think you "have to" but I think you should attend the one you were assigned too because you might be taking someone's seat.

EDIT: You pick the one your in. Why don't you just wait to see if the other one you want opens up and then change it.
Old 01-08-2010 at 09:16 PM   #3
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Hey,

You should be attending the one that you were assigned because with over 1700 students this term there is limited space available and you may be taking an individual's seat who is legitimately registered in another section. As suggested above - keep trying SOLAR!

Sincerely,

John McIntyre
Intropsych Senior TA
Old 01-09-2010 at 01:54 AM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I find it so weird that they're doing live Psych lectures now... any reason why?
Old 01-09-2010 at 10:58 AM   #5
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

well we also have online lectures like 1X03 as well, but once a week we have a 50 minute live lecture...
not really sure why though, now I have to drive 45 minutes for 1 50 min class on mondays .... every single nursing student has mondays off except for that class lol...sucks...but ya gotta go...
well you don't have to, but i am haha
Old 01-09-2010 at 11:23 AM   #6
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Well, personally I like this course better with live lectures. While it is lame that we have both web modules and lectures to cover, it's nicer to be face to face with Dr. Kim, and Matt . They said that they're always trying to come up with ways to make the course better, and this is their newest addition.
Old 01-09-2010 at 12:08 PM   #7
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Many students have requested live lectures, which is really not feasible with 3200 students first term. However, second term where we have about half as many students it's more feasible so Dr. Kim wanted to test it out since there has been significant requests for them.

Welcome back Megan!

Marlowe says thanks to McIntyre for this post.
Old 01-09-2010 at 03:38 PM   #8
Charbs

haha thanks John!

Yeah I don't mind live lectures, it's definately nice to know your prof exists somewhere lol... but the commute for one class is what sucks for me, but it happens sometimes, can't do much about it...

I think this course is going to be really interesting, even more so than 1XX3 though from the topics that Dr. Kim introduced and touched on in the intro lecture last week. Should be fun
Old 01-09-2010 at 05:30 PM   #9
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I find it so weird that they're doing live Psych lectures now... any reason why?
If I am remembering correctly, students were given out a form to fill at the end of last year. The form basically asked students to critique the course and offer their opinions about the course. One of the questions on the form asked students to choose between three course formats: only online lectures, only live lectures, a combination of the two. I remember voting for a combination of live and online lectures. I am guessing that a lot of students voted for the combination, and so Dr. Kim decided to implement live Psych lectures.
Old 01-09-2010 at 08:47 PM   #10
dedust
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

does any one know if everyone in the tutorial are from the same lecture section?
Old 01-09-2010 at 09:09 PM   #11
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Hm? The tutorials only have 25 people or less, the lectures have like 400.
Old 01-09-2010 at 09:29 PM   #12
Charbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedust View Post
does any one know if everyone in the tutorial are from the same lecture section?
I would say no, because it was the student's who chose their tutorial times... there weren't certain tutorial times based on what lecture time you had...