MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible to get major in bsc. psych with minor in b.a. prgrm? Richa Academics 3 08-15-2010 03:49 AM
Psych 1XX3 for Honours Life Science?? The MACster Academics 4 03-10-2010 10:19 PM
Honours Life Science vs. Honours Psych Neuroscience & Behaviour mel89 Academics 0 08-20-2009 03:11 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM

Psych minor in Life Science?

Old 12-26-2009 at 08:44 AM   #1
barbosa3315

Liked: 0 Times

Psych minor in Life Science?
Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could confirm or deny wether I as a H. Life science student in second year am eligible to obtain a psychology minor. I ask because psychology courses are part of life sci course list, could it be that I as a Life science student cannot obtain a minor in biochem,bio, or psych when enrolled in life sci which is an interdisciplinary program. Thanks for any responses, happy holidays.
Old 12-26-2009 at 11:14 AM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I asked them something along this line a while ago, but for Chem and Psych as a Bio Major. They said it was fine, even though psych and chem courses appear as part of the major. SO, i think you'd be fine, but just email them quickly to confirm.
Old 12-26-2009 at 11:42 AM   #3
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I'm pretty sure you can. It doesn't say you can't in the calendar...I would probably check with the Faculty of Science office though.
Old 12-26-2009 at 03:49 PM   #4
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

I had the same question. I am planning to take most of my courses from bio and psych, so I suppose I could minor in bio and psych both maybe? Let me know if you get to know more about this. I am going to drop in the science office once the school reopens.

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-29-2009 at 11:53 PM   #5
mel89

Liked: 3 Times

I don't think you can do a psychology minor because it is part of your major. You're getting a "Major in Life Science" - which includes either Psych, Bio, Chem, etc. whatever you choose. So I'm pretty sure you cannot minor in those classes.
Old 12-30-2009 at 09:28 AM   #6
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

life sci is a weird major in that I think you cannot minor in them because its considered part of the degree already. the other programs are much more open to minors. I recall someone warning me about how you essentially cant minor in it. double check to be sure though could have changed/ been wrong