MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Psych 3AB3 - Adolescent Psychology thdms9211 Academics 2 12-15-2012 06:14 PM
Adolescent Psychology (PSYCH 3AB3) Textbook necessary? soomin0119 Academics 3 09-21-2011 09:18 PM

Psychology 3AB3: Adolescent Psychology

Published by AnimeGamer31
12-04-2014
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
100%100%100%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 85%

Overall: This course was a decent regular psych course which followed the textbook quite closely. I think this is the first time Dr. Walsh taught the course as I could not find previous reviews on her. There were 3 non-cumulative midterms and 1 final cumulative exam. She tested us on both lecture (which included the clips she showed in class) and textbook material. She structured her lessons by starting off with review iClicker questions for participation. The trick here is that those aren't for marks, she would have a separate clicker session where you click for "Yes" for participation. Sometimes, she would put these in the middle of her lecture. So if you leave after the review clicker questions, you won't get the participation marks. She also had discussion spread out through her lecture and I thought that was good as we got a chance to talk about the concepts at a more personal level.

Professor: Although Dr. Walsh seems quite new for a prof, she did a good job teaching the course. She incorporates interesting and relevant videos and articles. I like that she also checks in with us in the middle of the term on how she teaches by using SurveyMonkey. She is passionate about teaching well and tries to help her students learn. She also shares some of stories which makes her lectures more interesting. On the last class, her cousin who is a social worker works with adolescents came in and talked about his work. I thought that was a great way to end off the course and her cousin was great with the experiences he shared with us. He was awesome

Interest: The method of learning was through writing notes as Dr. Walsh spoke and also to read the textbook. I thought the material was interesting but would have liked if there was a different mode of learning such as use of discussion board or replacing a test with a short essay or something more practical.

Easiness: Dr. Walsh has straightforward questions and was tricky here and there but she was very fair. She did not pick obscure statistics and followed her slides quite closely.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Psychology 3AB3: Adolescent Psychology!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search