MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
public speaking course Jesse.C General Discussion 1 07-02-2013 05:41 AM
Public Service: South China Menu Afzal Body & Food 0 01-16-2012 02:38 PM
*** Course Materials Announcement *** staceygab MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-28-2011 02:58 PM
Leaders Building Leaders: Federal Public Service Leadership Development Internship ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 4 12-25-2010 10:46 AM
Public Relations: Need Help! jordko Volunteering Opportunities 5 03-26-2010 07:04 PM

Public Service Announcement

Old 12-08-2013 at 11:38 PM   #1
Sledsprj

Liked: 0 Times

Public Service Announcement
I'm making this thread for people living in the area of Sanders Blvd. I know a lot of students leave their front doors unlocked, and hell, I grew up in a small town so I do too.

Last night I chased a stranger out of my house at 4:30 in the morning.

Yes, police were called, and yes, it's our fault for leaving our house unlocked. But since I didn't recognize the person, I have to assume our house was chosen randomly and it might happen again to someone else. I want to make sure people who read this remember to lock their doors during the day and at night and keep an eye out for anything suspicious in the area. Nothing was stolen.

The story:
I came home from studying on campus around 2:00am and watched a few episodes of Walking Dead in my room (I just started watching the show). Turned off my TV and went to bed around 3:30. I'm a light sleeper and I have a hard time staying asleep, and around 4:30 I heard someone walking around the living room. I assumed it was my roommate pacing while taking a study break, so I listened for about five minutes and wasn't too worried.

I heard him right outside my door before my handle was turned, and I got out of bed as he was opening my door. I got up and pushed the door all the way open and realized he didn't live in my house. He saw me, swore, and I yelled to wake my roommates up and chased him out the front door. He had a head start and got away west towards the West Village Suites.

I went back in the house to wake everyone up and found the cupboards in my living room wide open and rifled through. Luckily no one keeps any valuables in the common areas of the house, so there was absolutely nothing to take.

I want to stress again to lock your doors when you're not home in the day and when you're sleeping at night. That was one of the scariest things that's happened to me in University and I don't want it to happen to anyone else. Lastly, if you know anything about this, please PM me.

Afzal, Watoko all say thanks to Sledsprj for this post.
Old 12-09-2013 at 08:20 AM   #2
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

Shouldn't be much of an issue for me. My house we have a strict policy about keeping the door locked at all times. It is locked even if we are home during the day and even if we will only be out for a few minutes. It's just a simple way to avoid these situations.
Old 12-09-2013 at 09:49 AM   #3
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

this is a lesson for everyone. unfortunate that it happened but glad no one was hurt and nothing was taken.
Old 12-10-2013 at 09:01 AM   #4
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

Did you get a look at him can you describe him to me?
Old 12-10-2013 at 09:12 AM   #5
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
Did you get a look at him can you describe him to me?
ahHAAAAAA!!! the suspect always returns to the scene of the crime

Suspect likes this.
Old 03-14-2014 at 11:04 AM   #6
NicoPB

Liked: Liked 2 Times

What intersection are you guys at on Sanders?
Old 03-14-2014 at 02:02 PM   #7
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Liked: 9 Times

You realize this thread is from three months ago right Nico...?
Old 03-14-2014 at 02:43 PM   #8
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Don't take anything for granted..