MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top cjdzl Financial Aid 10 07-24-2010 11:41 AM
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Renewal. xo.monica Academics 6 12-11-2009 10:31 PM
Queen Elizabeth II scholarship jangh2 Academics 38 08-16-2009 11:00 PM
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 76 07-02-2009 01:32 AM
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Renewal hamilton1555 Financial Aid 5 06-26-2009 12:55 AM

Queen Elizabeth II

Old 08-13-2010 at 08:33 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindz! View Post
when i look at the status for the qe2 scholarship i see 0 dollars but when i click on 2010-2011 it says 3500 under the column for amount. but ther is no amount under amount issued. does that mean i have been awarded it?
If there is no amount under "Amount Issued", then that means it hasn't been given yet.

By the way, if anyone is wondering, your QEII scholarship appears under McMaster Scholarship in your Payment Agreement.

belindz! says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:09 PM   #17
aya.

Liked: 1 Time

I am entitled for QEII Scholarship, on my funding summary the aid format is "Debt Reduction" and the date of release is "After the start of study period", so how does it actually work? So after I pick up the 60% of OSAP entitlement this last week of August to cover 60% of my McMaster fees, what will happen once QEII is released? What does it actually mean by Debt Reduction?
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:12 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya. View Post
I am entitled for QEII Scholarship, on my funding summary the aid format is "Debt Reduction" and the date of release is "After the start of study period", so how does it actually work? So after I pick up the 60% of OSAP entitlement this last week of August to cover 60% of my McMaster fees, what will happen once QEII is released? What does it actually mean by Debt Reduction?
Did you choose it as a payment method in your Payment Agreement? It falls under McMaster Scholarship. If you do then it automatically gets deducted from your tuition...
Old 08-19-2010 at 10:19 PM   #19
aya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Did you choose it as a payment method in your Payment Agreement? It falls under McMaster Scholarship. If you do then it automatically gets deducted from your tuition...

Thanks. Did you mean Payment Options or Funding Options? I chose OSAP Flex Plan for the payment option. For Funding Options, I chose OSAP, and McMaster Scholarship - its the Entrance Scholarship, not Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship. I can't see the option for QEII Scholarship.
Old 08-19-2010 at 10:51 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thanks. Did you mean Payment Options or Funding Options? I chose OSAP Flex Plan for the payment option. For Funding Options, I chose OSAP, and McMaster Scholarship - its the Entrance Scholarship, not Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship. I can't see the option for QEII Scholarship.
It should be combined together with your entrance scholarship. You can check if you've received it by going to OSAP and Government Assistance in MUGSI. Scroll down to the bottom.
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:02 PM   #21
aya.

Quote:
It should be combined together with your entrance scholarship. You can check if you've received it by going to OSAP and Government Assistance in MUGSI. Scroll down to the bottom.

I just checked it, and under ENTITLEMENT AND ISSUED AMOUNTS, my current entitlement does not include my QEII Scholarship. On the left hand side, it says that it has been last updated on August 08, 2010. Do I have to call the financial aid to update my OSAP Info, or will they update it soon ?
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:05 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I just checked it, and under ENTITLEMENT AND ISSUED AMOUNTS, my current entitlement does not include my QEII Scholarship. On the left hand side, it says that it has been last updated on August 08, 2010. Do I have to call the financial aid to update my OSAP Info, or will they update it soon ?
It's not under that... I told you to scroll down all the way. It should be under "OTHER GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS"
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:15 PM   #23
aya.

Sorry about that..

OTHER GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS

(INCLUDING BURSARIES FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES, CHILD CARE BURSARIES, PART-TIME CANADA STUDENT LOANS/CANADA STUDENT GRANTS, THE ONTARIO SPECIAL BURSARY PLAN AND THE AIMING FOR THE TOP SCHOLARSHIP)

Any inquiries regarding this information should be directed to the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships ([email protected]). Payments processed through Government Assistance Programs are shown in the table below.

BSWD, CCB, CSG, OSBP and A4T are not considered taxable funding. However T4As will continue to be issued the following year.

No Other Government Assistance Programs information found.
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:22 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Sorry about that..

(INCLUDING BURSARIES FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES, CHILD CARE BURSARIES, PART-TIME CANADA STUDENT LOANS/CANADA STUDENT GRANTS, THE ONTARIO SPECIAL BURSARY PLAN AND THE AIMING FOR THE TOP SCHOLARSHIP)

Any inquiries regarding this information should be directed to the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships ([email protected]). Payments processed through Government Assistance Programs are shown in the table below.

BSWD, CCB, CSG, OSBP and A4T are not considered taxable funding. However T4As will continue to be issued the following year.

No Other Government Assistance Programs information found.
Did your OSAP entitlement just get updated today? If so, you might have to wait a bit but I wouldn't wait too long since September 1st is fast approaching.
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:33 PM   #25
aya.

On August 11, I logged on to OSAP and found out that I am to receive the Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship. Today, I checked MUGSI - OSAP AND OTHER GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS, and under the Entitlement and Issued Amounts, it says that it was last updated on August 08.
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:41 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
On August 11, I logged on to OSAP and found out that I am to receive the Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship. Today, I checked MUGSI - OSAP AND OTHER GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS, and under the Entitlement and Issued Amounts, it says that it was last updated on August 08.
Did you apply to OSAP before the deadline for it to appear on your payment agreement? The deadline was July 15th.
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:47 PM   #27
aya.

Quote:
Did you apply to OSAP before the deadline for it to appear on your payment agreement? The deadline was July 15th.
Yup I applied early. I submitted my application on May 27th. Under my funding and payment options, I already chose OSAP. Everything is okay, except that QEII Scholarship is not updated. It's not available under McMaster Scholarships on the Payment Agreement, and it's not listed under Other Gov't Assistance on OSAP and Other Government Assistance page. Do you think I should call the financial aid office, or should I just wait? I'm kinda worried, cuz OSAP funding certificates are to be released starting this coming Wednesday, right ?
Old 08-20-2010 at 12:05 AM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Yup I applied early. I submitted my application on May 27th. Under my funding and payment options, I already chose OSAP. Everything is okay, except that QEII Scholarship is not updated. It's not available under McMaster Scholarships on the Payment Agreement, and it's not listed under Other Gov't Assistance on OSAP and Other Government Assistance page. Do you think I should call the financial aid office, or should I just wait? I'm kinda worried, cuz OSAP funding certificates are to be released starting this coming Wednesday, right ?
Those are early releases, you have most of September to pick up your OSAP. I would call SFAS tomorrow and ask them what's going on since it hasn't been updated yet and OSAP itself was updated 9 days ago.
Old 08-21-2010 at 03:16 PM   #29
SROS

Quote:
Those are early releases, you have most of September to pick up your OSAP. I would call SFAS tomorrow and ask them what's going on since it hasn't been updated yet and OSAP itself was updated 9 days ago.
Hey I'm in the same situation and just to let you guys know i just checked my osap/government assistance link on MUGSI and scrolling all the way to the bottom it now shows the QEII aiming for the top scholarship and the money etc. Also it showed on the payment agreement as well a few days ago.

I do have one question though -- so all together i have 4500 dollars worth under the mcmaster scholarships section. i chose the osap flex plan and my first installment amount is about 4000. and on the PA financial summary part, it says McMaster Scholarship worth my installment amount of about 4000 dollars. Does the rest of the scholarship of $ 500 (4500 - 4000) stay in my student account as a credit? or will i receive a cheque for $500?

What i really want to do is let them take the entire scholarship so i dont accumulate tuition interest from mac.............
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:30 PM   #30
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROS View Post
Hey I'm in the same situation and just to let you guys know i just checked my osap/government assistance link on MUGSI and scrolling all the way to the bottom it now shows the QEII aiming for the top scholarship and the money etc. Also it showed on the payment agreement as well a few days ago.

I do have one question though -- so all together i have 4500 dollars worth under the mcmaster scholarships section. i chose the osap flex plan and my first installment amount is about 4000. and on the PA financial summary part, it says McMaster Scholarship worth my installment amount of about 4000 dollars. Does the rest of the scholarship of $ 500 (4500 - 4000) stay in my student account as a credit? or will i receive a cheque for $500?

What i really want to do is let them take the entire scholarship so i dont accumulate tuition interest from mac.............
It'll stay in your student account as credit, it will probably even be deducted from whatever you owe McMaster.