DC++ On Campus (Not residence) Pay919 General Discussion 21 09-17-2009 05:16 PM
Best Residence on campus? kanishka Residence & Housing 39 07-10-2009 10:12 PM
query regarding co-op kanishka Academics 3 06-29-2009 04:21 PM

Query regarding off campus residence..

Old 06-29-2009 at 04:51 PM   #31
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I would recommend living on campus in first year, especially if you're an international student.

Living on campus is more expensive but it is way more convenient.

You don't have to get up early for your classes if you have early morning classes, you can just roll out of bed and go.

You don't have to cook for yourself which can save you a lot of time, you can just grab whatever you want to go if you're studying or eat in if you have some time and want to meet people. Also there are lots of different options for food choices, I would say there's something for everyone.

You'll meet a lot more people living on campus. Off Campus you may meet people in your classes but on campus there are a lot more opportunities to meet people. You can meet people in your residence and at other residence events. This can be very helpful in first year and may be crucial as an international student since you don't know anyone yet. The people you meet can help you adjust to University and to living in Canada.

I wouldn't worry about living in a double, especially in Les Prince. The rooms are a nice size and you have your own side of the room with your own space. The washroom is private and in your room so you only have to share with 1 person as opposed to a whole floor like in many other residences. You may end up becoming great friends with your roommate and if not it doesn't really matter, just be respectful of them and you can do your own thing, you don't really have to talk to them if you don't want to. I've lived in a double and single and while I liked my privacy in the single you get lonely sometimes.

Noise can be a small issue but there are CAs on your floor to deal with loud people accordingly. Plus you can always go other places to study.

Residence is a great experience and extremely convenient and I would recommend it even more so to someone new to the Country. I liked it so much I stayed on campus again in 2nd year.
Old 06-29-2009 at 04:54 PM   #32
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

That was really nicely said Stefanie.