MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A materials question and a chem question. (course stuff) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 03-05-2011 12:20 AM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

question

Old 07-17-2011 at 11:34 PM   #1
chinadian

Liked: 6 Times

question
Question....
As my parents recently (yesterday) informed me they are going through a divorce I have been unable to study for my midterm which is tmrw... I am getting really stressed out and anxious.... is there a way to defer this midterm without using the online thing? because the online form recently changed and can only be used for stuff 29% and below and my mid term is 30%... PLEASE HELP!
Old 07-17-2011 at 11:39 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i dunno... speak to you r associate dean i guess
Old 07-17-2011 at 11:43 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

That's too bad it's such short-notice. But email your prof/associate dean's office asap and see if you get a reply. However, be prepared to write it just in case. If you're extremely unprepared, you can always drop the course, however I don't advise it, since you'll get a minor percentage of your money back, if any, not to mention it'll show up as cancelled on your transcript.
Old 07-18-2011 at 06:59 AM   #4
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That's too bad it's such short-notice. But email your prof/associate dean's office asap and see if you get a reply. However, be prepared to write it just in case. If you're extremely unprepared, you can always drop the course, however I don't advise it, since you'll get a minor percentage of your money back, if any, not to mention it'll show up as cancelled on your transcript.
Is cancelled bad to be on a transcript?? I dropped a course and the Academic Adviser said not to worry.
Old 07-18-2011 at 08:42 AM   #5
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Well that sucks.
For a situation such as this, I wouldn't even bother with the form online. I would go straight to your associate dean.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 07-18-2011 at 08:52 AM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Hope it works out for you (cancelling the exam and whatnot).
Old 07-18-2011 at 09:10 AM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Sorry to hear, but no - a "Cancelled" on your transcript is absolutely fine. Most employers will overlook it, but if they are curious about it, they will ask you and you can easily provide them a legit. reason
Old 07-18-2011 at 10:56 AM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
Is cancelled bad to be on a transcript?? I dropped a course and the Academic Adviser said not to worry.
Nope it's not bad. It's much better than failing the course. I just meant that at this point, the OP would only get a maximum of 20% of the tuition they paid for the course.
Old 07-18-2011 at 11:02 AM   #9
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Only a problem if you for some reason had multiple cancelled courses.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences