MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
artsci combined honours degree? yonex96 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 10-26-2014 07:57 PM
Artsci Calculus thunder First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-09-2011 11:55 PM
ArtSci farrow.jon Introduce Yourself 2 09-07-2010 11:59 AM
Transfering from ArtSci to Health Sci wcspc Academics 8 04-08-2010 01:15 AM
Admission into Artsci? Meritt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 11-10-2008 03:40 PM

Question about artsci

Old 11-04-2017 at 03:11 PM   #1
Zachie

Liked: 0 Times

Question about artsci
Hi everyone. I'm a grade 12 student and I'm very interested in Mac's artsci program. I was looking through the course outlines and it looks like the only science/math courses I would have to take are physics, Calc, stats, and one other science credit (I saw psych counts so I'll probably take that). I didn't take any sciences in grade 11 and I don't have any this year either. I currently have a 93 in advanced functions (my current average is a 97 with all my courses at the 4U level) and I'm trying to get into Calc second semester right now as well. With my background in just the maths and social sciences, will I be okay in the artsci science classes like physics (and even Calc?).

Last edited by Zachie : 11-04-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2017 at 10:00 PM   #2
SKP23

Liked: 1 Time

Hello!!! I'm a 2nd year Artsci student at Mac and I'm so excited you're interested! It's a super lovely program! Many of the people in physics, which I'm taking right now, haven't ever taken it before; the course is set up to teach you from the ground up, so you should be okay on that front! As for calc, if you're taking some high school calc courses now, you should be great! The calc course is also set up to teach you fundamentals; there are some basics you should know, like trig for example, but it's perfectly doable. I hope this helps, and I hope you apply!!

Oh, and let me know if you have more questions!

old guy likes this.
Old 11-05-2017 at 04:02 PM   #3
Zachie

Liked: 0 Times

Thank you so much! Do you know how I'd go about getting a minor in Commerce during artsci?