MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A materials question and a chem question. (course stuff) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 03-05-2011 12:20 AM
Mugsi interac online pending? Boolean Academics 2 05-28-2010 01:32 PM
Pay Your Tuition With Interac! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 27 07-07-2009 10:31 AM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

Question about interac

Old 08-29-2011 at 11:32 PM   #1
AM17

Liked: 0 Times

Question about interac
THe thing is I have to pay my tuition in full by september 1st and I just figured out that the interac daily limit is $2500. and i owe 9000 by sept 1st. I payed 2500 on the 29th, ill pay 2500 on aug 30 and 31st and then 1500 on sept 1st. by doing this will i still be charged as late? cuz on the account statement on mugsi it says "-2500" pending aug 29. any help? i thot interac was instant? am i ok or not?
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:34 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM17 View Post
THe thing is I have to pay my tuition in full by september 1st and I just figured out that the interac daily limit is $2500. and i owe 9000 by sept 1st. I payed 2500 on the 29th, ill pay 2500 on aug 30 and 31st and then 1500 on sept 1st. by doing this will i still be charged as late? cuz on the account statement on mugsi it says "-2500" pending aug 29. any help? i thot interac was instant? am i ok or not?
Technically that should work. You can also just pay through online banking which should have no limit.
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:35 PM   #3
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

If you go to your bank, they can make Mac a "payee" or something like that, and directly send the money from the bank to Mac. That's what I do at least at Royal Bank).
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:37 PM   #4
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Ya I'm with TD and I did exactly what Biochem47 did. The teller saved me a trip to campus.
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:41 PM   #5
AM17

well for my bmoonline it says make a payment, add payee, but was the payee name McMaster University Student Account? and wats account number my mcmaster student id number? says 7 digit number.
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:45 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
well for my bmoonline it says make a payment, add payee, but was the payee name McMaster University Student Account? and wats account number my mcmaster student id number? says 7 digit number.
As always, all information regarding paying can be found in the payment agreement or via links in the payment agreement.
http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/finance/s...html#meth ods

Quote:
Online/Telephone Banking (Electronic Funds Transfers)

Payments made online through your bank's website (or by your bank's telephone banking service)
Online - Register “McMaster University” as a payee (or bill to pay) and use your 7-digit Student ID number as the requested account number
Telephone - Please contact your financial institution to arrange this method of payment
Most financial institutions give you the ability to make post-dated payments/transactions
Online/Telephone banking payments will not show on your Payment Agreement. These payments will show on your Account Statement within 3-5 business days (MUGSI / My Student Accounts and Cashiers / Account Statement). It's good practice to view your Account Statement 3-5 days after making this online/telephone banking payment to make sure that your payment has been received and applied toward your balance owing.
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:48 PM   #7
AM17

well wen you typing in the payee name theres a drop down bar that helps you and it only lets you add "McMaster University Student Account" not "McMaster University"
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:51 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
well wen you typing in the payee name theres a drop down bar that helps you and it only lets you add "McMaster University Student Account" not "McMaster University"
That's odd, I didn't get that with PC. I assume it's fine though. It might go towards your student account as opposed to your payment agreement balance, but people have talked to McMaster and they said that it'll combine in September.
Old 08-29-2011 at 11:53 PM   #9
AM17

ill pay the rest of the 9000 with the bmo bill or if it doesnt work out ill jsut stick with the interac 2500 a day, ill call the university tomorow to check it out thanks tho.