MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetables. JAYJAY First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-09-2010 11:27 PM
Could someone please check my mock timetable? + Tutorial question katherinelew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 06-13-2010 08:26 PM
Electives Question emillar Academics 2 05-31-2010 10:24 PM
Timetables Are Down lorend MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-11-2008 08:35 AM
quick question about electives shleyaa Academics 1 06-05-2008 07:28 PM

Question about mock timetables + electives

Old 06-26-2010 at 03:53 PM   #1
gagaland

Liked: 0 Times

Question about mock timetables + electives
So I've noticed that many people have made mock time tables... but when we log on to solar, we can only choose the term and the course. So what's the point of making the mock timetables?

Also, I am considering these courses for year one, any suggestions on how I should distribute my electives to lighten the course load?

1st term:
chem I
cellular and molecular biology
inquiry
psychobiology
calc 1A03

2nd term:
chem II
cellular and molecular biology
inquiry
microecon
physics 1B03

thanks. : )
Old 06-26-2010 at 04:14 PM   #2
LindsayD

Liked: 1 Time

People make timetables to see if there are going to be conflicts in their schedule so they can look for different electives and just to see how their year might lay out. If 5 straight hours of lectures/labs are unavoidable with the courses one wants, or if you can only get 6 courses in semester one and 4 in semester two, some people would reconsider and pick different electives. Sometimes you can only see this by making a mock timetable.

Also, assuming cellular/molecular bio and inquiry are both full-year courses, I don't think you can rearrange that at all. Chem I obviously has to be before chem II, and calc 1A03 is only offered in term one, so... That would leave microecon and physics 1B03 for term two. Have you made sure you don't have conflicts?

Last edited by LindsayD : 06-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.