MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I go about paying exactly? AelyaS Financial Aid 1 08-25-2010 01:07 PM
Engineering Tution Question MacPack Financial Aid 3 07-09-2010 04:13 PM
Paying your fee cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2010 01:49 PM
Paying Tuition Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-31-2008 08:36 PM
Paying our Fees Shreya First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-10-2008 12:49 PM

Question about paying tution

Old 08-28-2010 at 12:37 PM   #1
noface

Liked: 7 Times

Question about paying tution
I went to pay my tuition today in full through interact but TD only allows a maximum of $5000 and my tuition is a little bit more than that. The guy sa Does McMaster allow the tuition to be paid through 2 days? I pay $5000 on day1 and the remaining on day2??
Old 08-28-2010 at 01:49 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Short answer: I'm pretty sure.

Long answer: I don't see why not? What type of account do you have with TD? If its chequing, then its easier to just write a check.

Either way, payments to your account let you apply the paying whenever you want, so if you knock off 5k$, then it'll just be tuition - 5000. I've never had to pay over 4.5k$ so I've never run into this problem in person or online.
Old 08-28-2010 at 08:43 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Interac is the only payment method that has a limit to it. If you want to avoid the limit you can do one of the following:

Telephone payment
Online Banking
Cheque

But to answer your question, no. There's nothing wrong with paying in 2 days.
Old 08-28-2010 at 11:14 PM   #4
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Call TD up, I have spoken with them few months ago and they raised mine to $10,000.

I could be wrong but that is what he told me.
Old 08-28-2010 at 11:33 PM   #5
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

What I do is go to TD in person and just bring in a printed copy of the payment agreement, bank card (obviously), and your student card. If you have all those things the teller will do everything in a couple of minutes and transfer your fees to Mac. Just did that Saturday morning, too bad the line was really long and having a crying baby in line behind me made it worse .
Old 08-29-2010 at 12:25 PM   #6
Ems467

Liked: 7 Times

The only problem that you might have with TD by paying over two days is that you might also have a weekly limit like me. That was my problem. I called TD and a really nice lady set up the tuiton payment as a bill. (Seriously, she was so nice to talk to after being panicky about not paying my tuition on time. I told her that she should ask for a raise.) That way, you're only limited to whatever's in your account. It took about 5 minutes.