MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paying tuition Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-22-2010 07:08 PM
Paying off Tuition joannR Financial Aid 2 09-13-2010 07:20 PM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM
Paying tuition zunizoon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 08-31-2009 12:29 PM
Paying for tuition online Chad Financial Aid 0 08-10-2007 03:13 PM

Paying Tuition

Old 07-30-2008 at 01:01 PM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

Paying Tuition
Hey guys, i was just wondering how we go about paying this tuition.

I know we've all confirmed our payment agreements and what not, but do we recieve an invoice in the mail anytime soon, i know you need to show the bank an invoice so they can take the money out to pay for it if your paying through a cheque and whatnot.

Iv been trying to get a hold of student accounts but no1 answers, a little help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2008 at 01:27 PM   #2
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

You don't need an invoice to go and pay tutiton - once you complete your payment agreement, you'll be given a total amount that you need to pay the university for that year. If you are planning to pay it all in one shot, you can go to the bank teller, and say ' I want to pay XXXX$ to McMaster university' and then you give them your student number as an account number, and they will transfer the money(or by telephone, or online) . That's one way , but there are about a million other ways to pay as well.

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------

Eva C, jessielv, woodlawngirl all say thanks to Cubit for this post.
Old 07-31-2008 at 03:11 PM   #3
unaiza

Hey,
I was wondering if the deadline for the Payment Agreement was really the 29th of July? :S
Old 07-31-2008 at 03:49 PM   #4
Cubit

I belive it's the 11th of august - I'm not sure though. You can't change your courses around right now, but I'm almost certain that the deadline is past the 29th

Physics & Astronomy.

------
------

unaiza says thanks to Cubit for this post.
Old 07-31-2008 at 03:53 PM   #5
unaiza

Also, I decided to include my scholarship money to pay my tuition along with OSAP. But I heard that to save the scholarship money for the books is a better idea. Is that really true? *-)
Old 07-31-2008 at 04:35 PM   #6
Cubit

You'll have to consult someone with OSAP about that- I'm not sure how scholarships affect it. However, I'd also look at the terms of your scholarship - some are very specific about how they can be used, and I believe that some of them will bet directly applied to your tuition without ever passing through your hands.

Physics & Astronomy.

------
------
Old 07-31-2008 at 08:36 PM   #7
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

yeah some of the scholorships are sent directly to the financial aid office and get deducted from your tuition.