MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GO Transit ninjamachete First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 09-20-2010 07:34 AM
GO Transit ID Patrick.O First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-28-2010 05:03 PM
GO Transit Help goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-05-2009 08:33 PM
Transit Help manu General Discussion 4 06-05-2009 01:23 AM
Go Transit mmal General Discussion 23 02-11-2009 01:38 PM

Question Regarding Transit

Old 09-01-2009 at 11:02 PM   #1
Olivia_M

Liked: 1 Time

Question Regarding Transit
Hi, so I'm a first year, and I'll be living off campus and commuting to mac.

My question is, i want to take the GO train/bus for as cheap as possible, how might this be done...because i know that being a student you get a discount of some sort with the GO but i dont understand exactly how it works.

Also, for parking, i get that all undergrads can only park in lot M, but can we still park in the underground if we're willing to pay the $98 instead of lot M ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Olivia M
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:07 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia_M View Post
Hi, so I'm a first year, and I'll be living off campus and commuting to mac.

My question is, i want to take the GO train/bus for as cheap as possible, how might this be done...because i know that being a student you get a discount of some sort with the GO but i dont understand exactly how it works.

Also, for parking, i get that all undergrads can only park in lot M, but can we still park in the underground if we're willing to pay the $98 instead of lot M ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Olivia M
For the GO Transit, it depends on how many trips you will be making. But student discounts only apply to 10-ticket rides and monthly passes. 10-ticket rides are valid so long as you have your MacID (with a valid HSR sticker) and carry it on your person at all times during travel.
Old 09-02-2009 at 02:40 AM   #3
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

I believe undergrads can park in Lots M, N, O & P. But you need a transponder which is a $20 fee, along with a form to the parking office. Not quite sure myself to be honest, but you can check out more info at: http://parking.mcmaster.ca/
- Moulton Hall