MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transportation between universities kourtney. Automotive & Transportation 4 09-19-2010 08:47 PM
Transportation Fees shay2014 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-07-2010 09:40 PM
Transportation class macculkin Academics 1 01-06-2010 10:08 PM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

Question about Transportation!

Old 08-28-2008 at 09:02 AM   #1
rebeccaaa

Liked: 0 Times

Question about Transportation!
So, every saturday night I need to take a bus from Mcmaster to the GO Station, and then take the Train onto Ajax.. sucky I know, but I have to.
I was wondering where I would find a bus schedule that leaves from the university (or somewhere close) and ends up at the GO station.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2008 at 12:24 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Are you talking about the HSR or the GO bus that goes to the GO station?
Old 08-28-2008 at 12:36 PM   #3
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Just in case you didn't know - you'll actually have to get to the Burlington GO station (not Hamilton) in order to take trains on weekends, since it's only weekday train service from Hamilton (and even then it's quite limited).

But if you can get down to the Hamilton GO station via the HSR, then you can take a GO bus from there to Burlington to meet your train. If it were a weekday, you could take a GO bus directly from the Mac GO station to Burlington, but they don't offer this service on weekends. You'll need to wait for someone else to chime in as to the best HSR route to take, since I never needed to do that, but here's the Saturday GO schedule: http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...p age=1&new=Y
The yellow boxes are buses, the green boxes are trains.

Note that this is the Lakeshore West line, but after Union Station you'll be switching over to the Lakeshore East line - I'm pretty sure most trains just continue on, though.

Last edited by Cippi : 08-28-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2008 at 12:37 PM   #4
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippi View Post
Just in case you didn't know - you'll actually have to get to the Note that this is the Lakeshore West line, but after Union Station you'll be switching over to the Lakeshore East line - I'm pretty sure the train just continues on, though.
The trains do just pass through, they stop for about 5-10 minutes at Union but then keep going.
Old 08-28-2008 at 12:56 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

If they let you, you can take the QEW express from Hamilton GO Station to Union and then transfer onto the Lakeshore east line... You can save about 20 minutes if you can.
Old 09-01-2008 at 02:06 PM   #6
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

In order to get to the GO Station downtown, your best bet is to take the 51-University HSR bus...it goes right to the station, meaning you don't need to walk at all. It only runs till 7 or so on Saturday nights though, and doesn't run at all on Sundays or holidays.