MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deferred Examination, help! sumerr13 Academics 2 06-13-2012 02:15 AM
Three consecutive examination sittings Gasbomb13 General Discussion 7 11-22-2011 11:45 PM
Deferred Examination Question ageless_12 Academics 1 06-18-2011 09:11 PM

Quiz/Essays During the Examination Period

Old 04-11-2013 at 08:04 PM   #1
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Quiz/Essays During the Examination Period
Hey guys,
Just looking for some advice/confirmation.

I'm in LS 2N03, where there are a number (unspecified) of online quizzes worth 10%. We have already had 5, but it does not add up to 10%, so the prof released one today, due tomorrow, for the missing 3% (why he didn't re-weight the quizzes, I dont know.). I understand that he can do this within the test/exam ban period because it is worth less than 10%, however, is this allowed to occur tomorrow, during the examination period (which starts tomorrow)? Because to me, that seems ridiculous. One of my friends is in another course in which a 15% essay is due tomorrow as well, and this seems very odd.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013 at 08:16 PM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Essays are definitely fair game during the exam period/test ban, regardless of how much they're worth. I had one due on this past tuesday worth a whopping 60% of my mark x|
Old 04-11-2013 at 09:31 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Technically they're not "fair game", but profs can get exemptions. Kind of defeats the purpose of the ban
Old 04-12-2013 at 12:33 AM   #4
marido

Liked: 5 Times

im also in that class and the quiz has been released since tuesday the 9th not today
so you already had couple days to do it plus its only 5 questions took me less than 5 minute to do it
Old 04-12-2013 at 01:13 AM   #5
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

I'm asking about due dates during the exam period, guys...not during the test/exam ban. There's no rule about this in the undergrad calendar. Seems to be happening with a lot of courses that things are due Friday (today), which is the first day of exams. Thank god I dont have an exam today, but I know someone who has an essay due today (not a final essay), as well as a final exam. I'm asking if this is allowed for reference, because in all 4 years I've never even heard of this happening.
Old 04-12-2013 at 08:44 AM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

A quiz is an examination, and the examination period starts on the 11th of April... Where's the confusion?