MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going for an interview? Read these! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-21-2010 09:26 PM
I don't know how to read my timetable? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-11-2009 10:48 PM
read course details lbqjenny Academics 7 06-10-2009 04:51 PM
Everyone should read this. lorend General Discussion 10 04-17-2009 11:57 AM

The Rats of Dolay Shah- Please Read :)

Old 07-29-2011 at 06:03 PM   #1
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

The Rats of Dolay Shah- Please Read :)
A saint of Suhrawardi School of thought during the time of King Aurangzeb, Shah Dola in Gujrat said, that he has the power to punish disobedient parents in shape of children with small heads. These children served at shrine and were called “Dolay Shah kay Chohey” or “Mouse of Dolay Shah” or “Rats of Dolay Shah”.

Hundred of thousands of people, specially incapable women, come to saint to get his blssing for the fulfillment of their wishes. In the result, the first born baby donate to work as a servent in Shrine. They put an “iron cap” on the head of that baby to stop the growth of his head, and later call it “Mouse of Dolay Shah”.

According to old tradition, incapable women who worship at shrine of Saint Dolay Shah, will become fertile. But unless they donate their first born to shrine as a servant, all of their babies will born disabled.

Well that's the who story of “Dolay Shah kay Chohey” or “Rats of Dolay Shah”. This shrine is not under the control of Govt of Pakistan. There may be almost 10,000 of these “Rats of Dolay Shah”, mostly in Punjab and specially in the city of Gujrat.
That's another example of human rights violation in the name of religion on silly people who leave their kids in the premises tomb to fulfill their own wishes. The head of these children are donned with steel helmets to stop their growth.

Credit: Sabi-pkitforum.com

Why is this not a human rights issue yet and why hasn't the Pakistani government or the Human Rights Movements intervened?
Old 07-29-2011 at 06:31 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

http://youtu.be/6kxPiRcw3oc

Salik says thanks to giftedchick for this post.
Old 07-29-2011 at 06:32 PM   #3
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Wow ...

...... 12charssss

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-29-2011 at 06:37 PM   #4
Salik

This makes me sickkkkk to the stomach
Old 07-29-2011 at 06:52 PM   #5
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I'm a little shocked, in a bad way (obviously). It's so horrible to think that things like this are still going on in the world today.
Old 07-29-2011 at 06:54 PM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

I have an upset stomach now..
Old 07-29-2011 at 07:05 PM   #7
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

This is an absolutely disgusting practice. It kind of reminds me of chinese foot-binding.

For those of you who can understand urdu or hindi, there is a documentary on the practice on youtube:

mally, Salik all say thanks to doppelganger for this post.
Old 07-29-2011 at 07:39 PM   #8
Salik

The worst part is i have seen these kids around and have donated generously to them thinking its some genetic disorder or disease. its sickening that there are mills that deform infants and send them out as beggars to earn profits. :(
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:02 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Oh my God. I don't really know what to say. I understand the international community/human rights movements may not know about this, but how can the country's own government keep this going? It's absolutely sickening.

Salik likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:21 PM   #10
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

This most certainly is sad however it cannot be handled by the government and frankly is not a priority for the Pakistani Government. First, lets say the Government got involved and applied as many restrictions as possible. Would these people stop? Of course they wouldn't, it will strengthen their views and likely the leader of this insane cult will simply say the government is against our salvation and eventually more turmoil will arrise. Second the health of Pakistan as a country is bad, they have to deal with terrorism on a daily basis, they do not have the resources to deal with these idiots.

Salik likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:28 PM   #11
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Oh my God. I don't really know what to say. I understand the international community/human rights movements may not know about this, but how can the country's own government keep this going? It's absolutely sickening.
You clearly do not know the Pakistani government. They are leeches who suck the blood of the population they should be helping.

Salik likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:34 PM   #12
Salik

^seems like you are pakistani

no one really understands the brutality of pakistani politics and government other than pakistani's themselves :(
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:38 PM   #13
Salik

@commie, i understand your view, but these people can be educated to stop giving their children off to such filth. The government doesent even need to play a role, the individual society's can stop these scams by educating everyone and stopping people from donating money to such children.
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:38 PM   #14
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
You clearly do not know the Pakistani government. They are leeches who suck the blood of the population they should be helping.
I can't help but laugh at this, you blame the government but you forget the mentality of Pakistani society. It's all about who has what their, people are willing to kill one anothers family over money and this isn't just in those completely deprived it is in fact present more so in those who have money(its all about relative deprivation), have your basic necessities. The people need a wake up a call, they need to stop blaming America for all their problems.
Ps I am a pakistani

Salik likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:48 PM   #15
Salik

LOLLLLL omg you reminded me of that famous pakistani statement "jo kara rya aye amreeca kara rya aye".

Pakistani people keep voting the same retards over and over, so why blame the government.