How much do you owe OSAP? Kathy2 Financial Aid 2 06-30-2010 01:06 PM
Reapplying for OSAP airraburr Financial Aid 2 09-03-2009 09:58 AM
Osap shreya s. General Discussion 2 01-16-2009 06:48 PM

Reapplying for OSAP

Old 08-06-2009 at 07:03 PM   #1
cowpuppy

Liked: 14 Times

Reapplying for OSAP
I'll be going into my second year this fall, and I want to re-apply for OSAP...

...and I have no idea what to do. Someone please enlighten me?

Last edited by cowpuppy : 08-06-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2009 at 07:14 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpuppy View Post
I'll be going into my second year this fall, and I want to re-apply for OSAP...

...and I have no idea what to do. Someone please enlighten me?
Take a look at http://osap.gov.on.ca. Once you log in, everything you need is there
Old 08-06-2009 at 07:30 PM   #3
cowpuppy

OSAP is not letting me on with either my SIN or my OSAP number.

I'm still digging around but if anyone knows the answer to this I'd like to find out as quickly as possible!
Old 08-06-2009 at 07:32 PM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
OSAP is not letting me on with either my SIN or my OSAP number.

I'm still digging around but if anyone knows the answer to this I'd like to find out as quickly as possible!
Wrong password?
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:31 PM   #5
cowpuppy

Quick question need answered urgently.

If I apply for OSAP now, does anyone know about how long it takes for that amount to be subracted in my payment agreement?

If that amount is not subtracted by Sept. 1, when I go to pick up my OSAP, am I picking up the full amount?
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:38 PM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Quick question need answered urgently.

If I apply for OSAP now, does anyone know about how long it takes for that amount to be subracted in my payment agreement?

If that amount is not subtracted by Sept. 1, when I go to pick up my OSAP, am I picking up the full amount?
The deadline to ensure that your loan will be ready for pickup early in September passed. It was July 15.

Nevertheless, whatever you pick up will first go to the university then whatever is left will go to you.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:41 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
The deadline to ensure that your loan will be ready for pickup early in September passed. It was July 15.

Nevertheless, whatever you pick up will first go to the university then whatever is left will go to you.
The money won't go to the university since the deadline already passed. You'll have to pay out of your own pocket. You keep whatever OSAP gives you.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:42 PM   #8
cowpuppy

I'm...confused.

What I think I meant to ask was, as of now in my payment agreement, OSAP is not an available option.

After completing the application, it should become available then? And if I select it then a certain amount is subtracted in the payment agreement?

And then what?
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:45 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I'm...confused.

What I think I meant to ask was, as of now in my payment agreement, OSAP is not an available option.

After completing the application, it should become available then? And if I select it then a certain amount is subtracted in the payment agreement?

And then what?
It won't become available because the deadline already passed. Therefore you won't be able to select it and it won't be deducted from your PA.

Instead, you'll have to pay from your own pocket and when you pick up your OSAP in September and January, you keep the money.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:47 PM   #10
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
I'm...confused.

And then what?

Since the deadline passed, the option to use OSAP will probably not become active in the payment agreement. Therefore you will probably, as mentioned, have to pay the first installment out of pocket.

Once you have the money in your account, you'll be able to pay the university.

You may be able to let the loan officer know you'd like to pay your tuition with the money when you pick it up and then (s)he will fill out the necessary fields. If not, you'll have to wait until the money is in your account and do the payment yourself.
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:01 PM   #11
cowpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
You may be able to let the loan officer know you'd like to pay your tuition with the money when you pick it up and then (s)he will fill out the necessary fields. If not, you'll have to wait until the money is in your account and do the payment yourself.
Well by the time I go to pick it up, won't I have already paid the amount in the PA?
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:06 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Well by the time I go to pick it up, won't I have already paid the amount in the PA?
It depends on which payment plan you choose. If you pay in full then yes, you will have paid everything by then. But if you choose another payment method then you will still have a debt to McMaster.

Note: Interest of 1.2%/month is charged on the debt.
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:41 PM   #13
cowpuppy

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009 at 11:00 PM   #14
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

What if you can't pay full out of your pocket :|
Old 08-06-2009 at 11:04 PM   #15
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Then you get your scholarships to pay for it, as well.