How much do you owe OSAP? Kathy2 Financial Aid 2 06-30-2010 01:06 PM
Reapplying for OSAP cowpuppy General Discussion 21 08-08-2009 11:57 AM
Osap shreya s. General Discussion 2 01-16-2009 06:48 PM

Reapplying for OSAP

Old 09-03-2009 at 09:00 AM   #1
airraburr

Liked: 0 Times

Reapplying for OSAP
I... possibly made a mistake? I've checked the other existing thread and it doesn't cover the problem I have.

I know that returning students to OSAP are allowed to fill out a renewal application as opposed to redoing the entire process. Well, in my doziness from having just woken up, I ended up filling out a brand new application instead of the renewal application. It doesn't specify if returning students HAVE to fill out the renewal, or if the renewal is just an easier option, so I'm getting paranoid and wondering if anyone here can give me an answer.

I'm not sure if that's an issue or not, but I've already submitted the application and realized too late that I cannot cancel it.

Thank youuuu.
Old 09-03-2009 at 09:08 AM   #2
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraburr View Post
I... possibly made a mistake? I've checked the other existing thread and it doesn't cover the problem I have.

I know that returning students to OSAP are allowed to fill out a renewal application as opposed to redoing the entire process. Well, in my doziness from having just woken up, I ended up filling out a brand new application instead of the renewal application. It doesn't specify if returning students HAVE to fill out the renewal, or if the renewal is just an easier option, so I'm getting paranoid and wondering if anyone here can give me an answer.

I'm not sure if that's an issue or not, but I've already submitted the application and realized too late that I cannot cancel it.

Thank youuuu.
I would think that the renewal application is an easier option and you should be fine by filling the complete new application (as long as the info you filled out is correct). Thats how I'm interpreting the following from their website.
From their website:
"The ministry has released the new 2009-2010 OSAP online applications: a full application and a renewal application. The full application is available to ALL students - whether or not they have applied to OSAP before. The renewal application is available to continuing students who meet certain criteria. When you start to enter a 2009-2010 online web application, the system will automatically determine if you are eligible for the renewal application. It is easy as that! If you don't get a renewal application, that means that you are not eligible for one - just continue and fill out a full application."
You could call the financial aid office to confirm.
Old 09-03-2009 at 09:58 AM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Their number is 905 525 9140, extension 24319. They have long wait times, so just hang in there.
I'd also send an email to [email protected] but they might take a while to reply to that as well.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences