MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recover password + Email Admin not working PHLN2 Site Feedback & Suggestions 2 01-10-2011 10:09 PM
How to change MAC ID Password ginaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 01-09-2011 10:53 AM
Are there any data recovery wizards here? Anamaria Computers & Tech 9 09-21-2010 09:30 AM
Key Card Not Working! robots Les Prince Forum 4 03-01-2010 05:11 PM
Learnlink - What is my User ID and Password? Neilius Academics 3 01-06-2009 02:24 PM

Recovery Password - Who got this working?

Old 01-14-2011 at 01:04 AM   #1
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Recovery Password - Who got this working?
For some odd reason, my password stop working for my original account "PHLN". Then I lost PHLN2 account too.

I posted a thread under Site Feedback & Suggestions but it havn't got much attention.

I tried messaging Chad through the forum function but he havn't reply.

Can you guys help me test out to see if any of these options work for you guys?

Try logging out and Recovering Password.

Also try using the built in function of the site to message a admin. Let me know if you can see the CAPCHA
Old 01-14-2011 at 07:32 AM   #2
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

You're right. The password recovery form does not seem to be working. The most likely reason for this is that a while ago MI had to change servers and that move caused a few problems which good ol' Chad fixed as he was made aware.

Be aware though, that Chad is no longer a student and from what I understand, has a full time job. Just send a message to his account and I'm sure the problem will get dealt with as swiftly as he can afford to do so. Here is a link to his profile if it is at all helpful (link)

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 01-14-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2011 at 07:54 AM   #3
phln3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
You're right. The password recovery form does not seem to be working. The most likely reason for this is that a while ago MI had to change servers and that move caused a few problems which good ol' Chad fixed as he was made aware.

Be aware though, that Chad is no longer a student and from what I understand, has a full time job. Just send a message to his account and I'm sure the problem will get dealt with as swiftly as he can afford to do so. Here is a link to his profile if it is at all helpful (link)
I send several messages to Chad. Its been a few weeks now. I wonder if the built in message function even work.

I sent you a message. Did you get it?
Old 01-14-2011 at 08:36 AM   #4
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phln3 View Post
I send several messages to Chad. Its been a few weeks now. I wonder if the built in message function even work.

I sent you a message. Did you get it?
No, no I did not.

It would seem that the private message function is down.
Old 01-14-2011 at 03:25 PM   #5
phln3

Quote:
No, no I did not.

It would seem that the private message function is down.
That make more sense now on why Chad havn't been replying
Old 01-14-2011 at 04:47 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Hmm, that's weird. I've been getting all the inbox messages =/. You can email him through the form here: http://www.macinsiders.com/sendmessage.php
Old 01-14-2011 at 04:56 PM   #7
phln3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Hmm, that's weird. I've been getting all the inbox messages =/. You can email him through the form here: http://www.macinsiders.com/sendmessage.php
Ok thanks Sara. I posted a feedback
Old 01-14-2011 at 04:58 PM   #8
REPLEKIA/.

It is quite possible it's just me who isn't getting private messages. I lost some features when I got switched to Community Engagement Officer.
Old 01-14-2011 at 05:03 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phln3 View Post
Ok thanks Sara. I posted a feedback
You're welcome . And if I see Chad, I'll let him know about it as well .
Quote:
It is quite possible it's just me who isn't getting private messages. I lost some features when I got switched to Community Engagement Officer.
That's definitely possible. I remember a few months ago there were issues for IA's with the reward system.
Old 01-14-2011 at 05:18 PM   #10
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
That's definitely possible. I remember a few months ago there were issues for IA's with the reward system.
Yeah, I can't access it anymore and I was so close to breaking into the 10 richest users when I switched over too T_T
Old 01-14-2011 at 05:31 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Yeah, I can't access it anymore and I was so close to breaking into the 10 richest users when I switched over too T_T
Awww. You should let Chad know. It took a while before we realized it wasn't working. But it is now! So I'm sure he knows where the problem is
Old 01-14-2011 at 05:44 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Hi all

Is the password recovery still not working? I checked it with a test account and I was sent the recovery e-mail just fine. You then click the link in the email and go through the steps.

If you aren't receiving the e-mail maybe you have [email protected] blocked from going to your inbox?

Let me know if it still isn't working. Also, if you lost your password I can reset it for you. Email [email protected] om or use the 'send message' link that was posted above. Note, that DOES work... I receive those messages. As well as private messages, but I've been swamped lately so haven't been able to reply quickly as I normally do. Thanks for your patience to those who have contacted me needing assistance.

Quote:
Hey Replekia, I checked your permissions, you should be good to go.. which features are now missing since I changed your account over?
Old 01-14-2011 at 05:57 PM   #13
REPLEKIA/.

I still can't access the reward center, and can someone send me a PM to check if I can get them now?

The only other problem I have found with the site which be fixed at this point seems to be a browser specific. I cannot view the front page articles in firefox. I think you've managed to fix everything else that's important.

Though, if I might suggest something for future add-ons if you ever get the time, I think it would be nice if you could enter your classes into your profile and you would be able to know how else in in your class. Like I could go into my profile enter that I am in Physics 1L03 C03 and be able to view a list of everyone else that has also listed Physics 1L03 as a class they are in. It could be useful for people who need to catch up on a missed class or perhaps scheduling study groups, etc.
Old 01-14-2011 at 06:01 PM   #14
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I still can't access the reward center, and can someone send me a PM to check if I can get them now?
Just sent you a PM.
Old 01-14-2011 at 06:02 PM   #15
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Just sent you a PM.
And I got it. It's good to know that is up and running.