MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samsung Android - help with contacts AKSAKS Computers & Tech 0 07-23-2011 02:51 PM
job reference? littleluzer Volunteering Opportunities 5 07-10-2010 09:01 PM
Mac Health plan-contacts? watkinson General Discussion 0 03-22-2010 07:55 PM
Important Contacts: Twitter and Facebook lorend Misc 8 01-13-2010 04:19 PM
Nightclub Contacts Chad General Discussion 0 10-26-2007 11:05 PM

Reference contacts for voluntering

Old 10-29-2012 at 03:12 PM   #1
lovekblue

Liked: 7 Times

Reference contacts for voluntering
I want to volunteer in mac hospital or Juravinski Hospital, but I dont know how can I get 2 references contacts. Is it possible to ask the profs or TAs?
Old 10-29-2012 at 03:18 PM   #2
paula112

Liked: 3 Times

usually, the reference contacts can be anyone you have worked with. Just not your family members. So.. it can be the prof/TAs/your colleagues etc

lovekblue says thanks to paula112 for this post.
Old 10-29-2012 at 03:50 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Different institutions often have different requirements as to who can be a reference for you, so you should double-check. Profs are generally safe, and for volunteering TAs should be safe as well.
Old 10-29-2012 at 04:07 PM   #4
cmkc109

Liked: 0 Times

It will be weird to just email your prof tho if they don't know who you are.. TA should be more save I guess

Last edited by cmkc109 : 10-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-29-2012 at 04:30 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkc109 View Post
It will be weird to just email your prof tho if they don't know who you are.. TA should be more save I guess
I meant "safe" in terms of what the institution will accept. In some cases a TA won't cut it, or is accepted but you're not viewed as highly as if it was coming from a prof which puts you at a disadvantage. Like I said though, for a position like this, it shouldn't matter.
Old 10-30-2012 at 12:56 AM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

It's a volunteer position at a hospital. Essentially they want to know that you're not a psychopath who's going to harm patients and that you'll show up to your shifts and act relatively professionally. Most profs have no idea who you are and would be fairly useless in that respect, TAs if they know you should be fine. You can try your CA if you're living at res or if you're involved with clubs, you can always get an exec member to be a reference - those would be the simplest/easiest.