Textbooks for Med Rad Black.Mamba Academics 4 08-01-2010 11:55 PM
Refunding residence money Flag Residence & Housing 15 09-09-2009 08:19 AM

Refunding Textbooks?

Old 10-22-2011 at 05:05 AM   #1
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Refunding Textbooks?
So I very stupidly bought the same book twice, the book is nearly $130 and I obviously want to return it, there is no damage to it at all and I still have the original receipt(i purchased it literally 3 days ago).

Will Titles refund me the cost of the textbook or am I out $130?

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2011 at 05:56 AM   #2
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

at the bottom of your receipt it should say sept 17 is the last day for textbook refunds. so you are out of luck in returning it to titles, but you can sell it to other students, for the same price or slightly less.
Old 10-22-2011 at 06:35 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Explain your situation to a titles employee, they might be sympathetic
Old 10-22-2011 at 06:49 AM   #4
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Explain your situation to a titles employee, they might be sympathetic
Hopefully this will be the case, otherwise i guess i'll just download the .pdf versions of textbooks next semester to make up for my loss.

Although i take full responsibility for my situation the fact that the refundable date is static makes absolutely no sense in the context of having to buy textbooks throughout a semester based on funds.

Thanks for everyone's posts i'll be sure to post what happens on Monday @[email protected]
Old 10-22-2011 at 07:41 AM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
So I very stupidly bought the same book twice, the book is nearly $130 and I obviously want to return it, there is no damage to it at all and I still have the original receipt(i purchased it literally 3 days ago).

Will Titles refund me the cost of the textbook or am I out $130?

Thanks.
How did you end up buying the same book twice?

Anyway, you could sell the duplicate to me, but I'm running a business here and there's gotta be some room for me to make a profit when I resell - I'll give you $10.
Old 10-22-2011 at 08:45 AM   #6
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Definitely explain your situation...even show them that you have two of the same book with both receipts (assuming you bought the other one there too...).

I accidently bought course ware (that is supposed to be nonrefundable) for a course I wasn't in. They looked at my schedule to see if I actually wasn't in it and refunded it....so anything is possible.
Old 10-22-2011 at 01:09 PM   #7
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
Definitely explain your situation...even show them that you have two of the same book with both receipts (assuming you bought the other one there too...).

I accidently bought course ware (that is supposed to be nonrefundable) for a course I wasn't in. They looked at my schedule to see if I actually wasn't in it and refunded it....so anything is possible.
It's good to know they're human and can show compassion, some workers act like automatons and just act in accordance to some stringent non-contextual policy.

Oh well wish me luck