MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Welcome Week 2013 Schedule Tease! admin MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-04-2013 02:28 PM
Carpool Week 2013 Sustain11 MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-04-2013 11:21 AM
Reading Week 2013 crazy4trees Student Deals & Discounts 5 10-17-2012 04:38 PM
Reminder: Register your t-shirt size for your MacPass by FRIDAY! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 07-31-2012 07:40 PM
Should I get the Macpass or not? is welcome week really fun? make lots of friends?? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-25-2010 11:44 PM

Register For Your 2013 Welcome Week MacPass

The Welcome Week MacPass is available to all first year students and provides you with the opportunity to access welcome week events!

Register for your MacPass and pick it up when you arrive on campus on Saturday August 31, Sunday September 1, or Monday September 2, 2013.

The 2013 Orientation Welcome Week MacPass includes a wristband for access to all events, a one-of-a-kind Faculty T-shirt, Residence/Off-Campus T-shirt, laundry bag, and umbrella.

Participating in Welcome Week is the best way for Off Campus and On Campus Students to get orientated and transition into campus life.

REGISTER VIA OSCAR: https://www.oscarplusmcmaster .ca/home.htm

---

FAQ: Do I have to pay for a MacPass? Answer: You already have. It is part of your student fees. On March 28, 2012, McMaster students voted in favour of a University Orientation Fee (MacPass) in the amount of $111.54 for all level 1 undergrad students registered for 18 or more units. This fee is used for the operation of Welcome Week, organized in partnership by the MSU and the Student Success Centre. If you are registered for 18 units or more as of August 31, 2013, this charge will appear on your student account in September. This fee will entitle you to participate in all orientation programs and events administered by the Student Success Centre, MSU and faculty societies commencing Saturday August 31 through to Sunday September 8, 2013. Currently there is no opt-out provision.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-07-2013 at 01:30 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
NOTE: You've already paid for your MacPass if you're a first-year student. It's part of your student fees that are grouped together in your payment agreement in SOLAR. You pay tuition + student fees.

See breakdown of student fees here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1719 8

NOTE: Some fees are OPT-OUT options meaning you can get money back for them if you want. Unfortunately the MacPass is not an opt-out choice.

Old 07-07-2013 at 10:16 PM   #3
RiskBreaker

Liked: 5 Times
When can we pick up our Mac-passes? I live in Toronto, and won't be moving to Hamilton until Sept 1st.

Old 07-07-2013 at 10:51 PM   #4
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskBreaker View Post
When can we pick up our Mac-passes? I live in Toronto, and won't be moving to Hamilton until Sept 1st.
You'll be able to pick them up after you move in. I believe you got them from DBAC (the gym) last September.

RiskBreaker says thanks to Quiver for this post.

Old 07-16-2013 at 12:09 AM   #5
IonicBonds

Liked: 19 Times
Are we sure 1st year students have already paid for it?

My sister just registered as a first year, and there isn't a subset of the supplementary fees under the student accounts in MUGSI (which already lists the same fees as in the payment agreement). The orientation fee/MacPass isn't in the fee break down either?

Old 07-16-2013 at 12:10 AM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times
As of last year it should be because they made it mandatory

IonicBonds says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

Old 07-16-2013 at 12:15 AM   #7
IonicBonds

Liked: 19 Times
Nevermind, I see what they did there I think. Actual breakdown of fees won't show on the student account until after Aug-Sept turn-over I guess? I was just confused because the FAQ for the MacPass made it sound like they were going to charge students separately on Aug 31.

Chad likes this.

Old 07-16-2013 at 12:39 AM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Ya, it looks like the breakdown isn't available yet. You're right, the MacPass doesn't show in the PDF listing all the supplemental fees.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search