reinstatement gongshow Academics 45 06-27-2010 03:39 PM
Reinstatement gongshow Academics 0 06-20-2010 06:03 PM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 8 06-08-2010 11:44 AM

Reinstatement OR ...FML...

Old 04-30-2010 at 12:24 AM   #1
PHRG

Liked: 0 Times

Reinstatement OR ...FML...
Okay, I'm scared of my marks. Heh. So the question popped up in my head. If you get kicked out of McMaster (or any uni here in Canada), are you still allowed to apply to another university? If so how hard would it be? Can you apply using your high school marks instead like starting over fresh? I'm in Engineering btw, and not a 1st year student. Does that play a role?

I'm aware of reinstatement but would going for another uni be better?
Old 04-30-2010 at 01:32 AM   #2
mickey2012

Liked: 10 Times

Perhaps you could try to go to Mohawk and use your marks over there to come back to Mac?
Old 04-30-2010 at 03:46 AM   #3
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

What year are you in?
Old 04-30-2010 at 10:02 AM   #4
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRG View Post
Okay, I'm scared of my marks. Heh. So the question popped up in my head. If you get kicked out of McMaster (or any uni here in Canada), are you still allowed to apply to another university? If so how hard would it be? Can you apply using your high school marks instead like starting over fresh? I'm in Engineering btw, and not a 1st year student. Does that play a role?

I'm aware of reinstatement but would going for another uni be better?
A friend of mine left UofT after his second year because he didnt like his marks (overall 65ish in computer science). He applied to Ryerson as a mature student, and was accepted with no high school grades, and not telling them he already attended university. The requirements will vary though from school to school, so theres a chance marks will be used at another school. I applied here as a mature student, and still had to supply a high school transcript, despite not having been in high school for 11 years.

danallan says thanks to reeves for this post.
Old 05-02-2010 at 11:34 AM   #5
PHRG

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
A friend of mine left UofT after his second year because he didnt like his marks (overall 65ish in computer science). He applied to Ryerson as a mature student, and was accepted with no high school grades, and not telling them he already attended university. The requirements will vary though from school to school, so theres a chance marks will be used at another school. I applied here as a mature student, and still had to supply a high school transcript, despite not having been in high school for 11 years.
Concerning your friend, wouldn't not telling them be considered deceit? I'm aware that colleges just look at high school marks if you were to apply/upgrade through them but universities seem to have their own specific requirements.

When you applied as a mature student I assume you have to do the applications on your own, am I right? No use of OUAC and such?
Old 05-02-2010 at 11:44 AM   #6
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRG View Post
Concerning your friend, wouldn't not telling them be considered deceit? I'm aware that colleges just look at high school marks if you were to apply/upgrade through them but universities seem to have their own specific requirements.

When you applied as a mature student I assume you have to do the applications on your own, am I right? No use of OUAC and such?
I don't know if it's deceit of not. I'm just saying he did it, and after 4 years of school, plus another year of teachers college, it was never noticed. My applications were done through the OUAC. The one difference was that some schools required a letter accompanying the application stating why you think you deserve to be accepted after having been out of school so long. Im not sure, but I *think* it cost more to apply as a mature student as well. I'm just guessing, since I never applied straight out of high school, but my application cost me $180 to apply to McMaster Humanities alone, which seems pretty high for a high school student to have to pay.