MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reinstatement with a low CA HelloThere__ Academics 2 07-27-2011 04:11 PM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
reinstatement vdelz Academics 37 08-20-2010 06:56 PM
reinstatement dannieb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-13-2010 08:53 PM

Reinstatement in Nursing

Old 09-13-2011 at 03:12 PM   #1
thisisje

Liked: 0 Times

Reinstatement in Nursing
Hi there,

Just wondering about the reinstatement process in Nursing. I finished 1st year nursing but had a "may not continue" status and was basically kicked out of University. Through various searches, I am planning to do reinstatement for next school year (2012-2013). Does anyone know how it works for nursing?

I am currently working part time right now, taking courses at Ryerson University and volunteering at a nursing home. Any advice?

Last edited by thisisje : 09-13-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2011 at 03:45 PM   #2
Sideout

Liked: 6 Times

Contact the School of Nursing. You should have received information about key contacts when you started the program. If you are from the McMaster site, a list of contact people can be found here => http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/nursing/home_contact.html

If you are from one of the collaborative programs, you may need to contact someone from your specific site.

Good luck!
Old 09-13-2011 at 04:21 PM   #3
thisisje

Do you know the chances of getting back to University? Would it be worth it taking courses and upgrading (which will cost a lot of money) or just take a different route on the pathway to nursing? I was thinking of Practical Nursing but it seems more competitive.
Old 09-15-2011 at 07:52 AM   #4
Sideout

Liked: 6 Times

Unfortunately, I don't have answers to your questions. The best people to talk to about reinstatement and your options regarding nursing school are at the School of Nursing!
Old 09-16-2011 at 09:24 PM   #5
gilberra

I’ve never heard of that happening before in nursing all I have heard of is people who get below 50 in anatomy and below 60 in biochem. So they have to repeat both and get at least 60 in one of the 2.
What was your GPA ?
Old 09-17-2011 at 12:38 AM   #6
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

Looks like it was below 5. I remember this being 4 for engineering.

"A student whose CA is less than 5.0, and who has not been granted program probation, may not continue in the program."
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1351.html