MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roommate discussion nikki12 Mary Keyes Forum 1 07-19-2010 08:19 PM
Guitar Discussion VastHorizon General Discussion 51 10-02-2009 06:10 PM
Brandon Hall Fire Relief Section Opened Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 10-21-2008 12:14 PM
SOLAR discussion Chad Academics 41 07-31-2008 10:01 PM
New Course Discussion Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-12-2007 05:46 PM

Relief Discussion - Assisting one another

Old 10-19-2008 at 10:57 PM   #1
Sohaibb

Liked: 0 Times

Hey guys,

I'm very saddened to hear about all of this. Infact, i'm very upset and I dont really know what to say. Sorry to all you Brandon people and everyone else who has been affected. If theres anyone in life science first year that needs help getting back on track with school, I may be able to help you out. Just contact me via MacInsiders and I can give you my contact and hopefully we can figure out how to get back on track. Once again, really sorry guys. Lets try our best to play our part in fixing up our university again.

Sohaib.
Old 10-19-2008 at 11:03 PM   #2
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

Hey everyone.

My heart goes out to all the residents in Brandon Hall. I am open to help anybody in nursing who needs help or needs access to textbooks to work on homework. Message me if you need anything.
Old 10-19-2008 at 11:04 PM   #3
jdr1203

Same here. If there's any sort of helping hand I can give anyone here (clothes, food, access to study space or just someone to talk to), send me a message.
Old 10-20-2008 at 05:56 PM   #4
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

If anyone needs somewhere to say or knows someone that does, please contact me through macinsiders or facebook.
Old 10-20-2008 at 07:53 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Relief Discussion - Assisting one another
Hi all,

Please utilize this thread to assist one another if you are able to give clothing or temporary housing accommodations to students who were living in Brandon Hall. Feel free to exchange contact information, and show how the community is here to rally support for Brandon Hall students.

You can also read the posts made in the BRANDON FIRE thread.
Old 10-20-2008 at 10:12 PM   #6
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

Hi there,

I live in Bates res and I think it's a pretty suitable res to keep someone over. I don't know if it's any improvement to the evacuation centre any of you guys would have to stay at, but the lounge area in my dorm is certainly free and I know someone who has a spare mattress. Kitchen, television, bathroom shared between 5 (including yourself) people. Just seeing if anyone wanted to take up that offer so I can suggest it to my roommates and see how it plays out! I'm certainly not looking for any compensation of any sort, I just want to be involved with helping the Mac community and making sure that every single student has the best University experience possible.

Best to call my extension 52502 or my cell 905-536-9216 and we can meet up.

-Schuyler
Old 10-21-2008 at 10:35 AM   #7
jdr1203

Hi,

The name's Damean, and if someone needs a place to hang out, study, or just crash for a night, they're welcome to. Contact me at [email protected]m or text me at (289) 242-7886 (I work long-ish and random hours so I might not pickup phone calls always, but will get back as soon as possible).
Old 10-24-2008 at 10:27 AM   #8
nichifa

Need a room?
Hey ... My name is Anca Nichifor .. I am a second year student at McMaster University

I have a room available in my house .. Paisley Ave S.

its a 10 mins walk from McMaster

If anyone is interested or knows someone who suffered in the Brandon Hall tragedy and needs accommodations...

email me at [email protected]

a desk and bed can be facilitated if need be...

All the best
Anca Nichifor
Old 10-24-2008 at 04:12 PM   #9
Teichman87

Room Available - 39 Cline S.
My name is Matthew Teich, and I am here to convey well wishes to everyone affected by the Brandon Hall fire.

I have a room available for long-term use, from now until May 2009. If anyone is deciding to move off-campus from the Brandon residence, let me know if you are interested. The house is close to buses and campus, and is well-maintained.

You can reach me at (416) 823-3744, or my e-mail at [email protected]. I am not trying to take advantage of the situation, just offering a space to live.

Thanks,
Matt