MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Locker Help! romanoca First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-06-2011 11:13 PM
TSH Locker Issue Phil General Discussion 3 09-09-2009 11:00 AM
locker size Paul91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 08-24-2009 09:24 AM
Locker Information alibuss General Discussion 9 08-24-2008 04:54 PM
Locker Cleanout! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-16-2007 06:21 PM

Where to rent a locker?

Old 08-13-2012 at 07:04 AM   #1
forcajovem

Liked: 8 Times

Where to rent a locker?
From the titles website, these are the places I could rent a locker:
  • John Hodgins Engineering Building (JHE)
  • Togo Salmon Hall (TSH)
  • Burke Science Building (BSB)
  • Chester New Hall (CNH)
  • Kenneth Taylor Hall (KTH)
  • Information Technology Building (ITB)
  • Engineering Technology Building (ETB)
  • Michael DeGroote (MDG)
I need to rent one since I will be commuting, and I was wondering what is the best place to have my locker. Should I make the decision based on logistics, ie. the most accessible place for me? I was wondering where is the best place to have a locker, in terms of how crowded the hallways are, the size of the lockers, etc.

Also, anyone ever have an issue leaving valuables inside overnight? Eg. leaving a laptop at school. As long as its locked, 99% safe right?
Old 08-13-2012 at 08:11 AM   #2
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

Pick the one closest to all of your classes. You won't want to walk all the way to ETB or ITB (on the edge of campus by Main Street West) if all of your classes are in the arts quad. The underground tends to be crowded between classes (KTH,CNH,TSH) but these lockers are super convenient if you're spending all your time in the arts quad, or North quad campus in general.

I like BSB personally. I picked mine second year in JHE becuse I'm an Engineer, but found that every time I wanted something I had to walk up three flights of stairs. MDG was too far out of the way for me personally, but if your parking in the main parking area by the athletic centre and MDCL, the MDG would be closer.

It really depends on your schedule.

I've left everything under the sun in my locker and never had anything stolen/any broken in problems. I had someone spill juice on the front of my locker when I wasn't there and my shoes on the floor of my locker smelled like OJ for quite some time, but that was one fluke in 2 years of locker rental.
Old 08-13-2012 at 08:16 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

As for safety, I wouldn't worry about having your locker broken into... they're nice and secure. Something you should note though: the lockers you rent in the school area need to use the locks that are on it, meaning your combo is on a list somewhere..

Either way, I suggest having Prey installed, its a nifty program that tracks your laptop if you report it missing.

-Ish- says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 08-13-2012 at 09:07 AM   #4
staceygab
Campus Store

Liked: 97 Times

A quick tip about lockers - if you have your choice to line up to buy books or line up to rent a locker go for the locker first. Good locker locations run out fast - textbooks you can always get later (you should be waiting until after you go to the first class anyway).

Fall Locker Rentals begin at 9:00am on Tuesday, September 4th in building T-29 (across from Commons)

The price is $35.00 for Fall / Winter Term - September to April

http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/i...er-rental.html

forcajovem says thanks to staceygab for this post.
Old 08-13-2012 at 02:00 PM   #5
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

In my opinion the best place to have a locker is someplace that's in the middle of everything. Look into getting a locker in TSH.