MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't choose core/lab/tutorial on SOLAR, details/pictures inside! Help requested. m0ns13ur Academics 3 07-25-2011 11:18 AM
Profile Pictures Rossclot Computers & Tech 29 12-26-2009 02:42 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM

requested a roommate, didn't have identical profile responses. will we be together?

Old 06-04-2012 at 08:57 PM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

requested a roommate, didn't have identical profile responses. will we be together?
hi, i am going to be a first-year university student in mcmaster. .
my friend and i have requested each other as roommates, but didnt have identical porfile responses (we didn't think it would be a big deal), but we ranked the same for the "building communities" and "room preferences". for our profile responses it's pretty much the same, except for 2 of the responses (like casual, and waking up time)
Would this be a problem and prevent us two from end up being in the same room?

*also this FAQ site in mc residence says, we are gauranteed to be roommates if we have identical preferences but didnt mention anything about profile responses. however, the residence handbook 2012-1013 says mentions about the profile responses too.

Old 06-04-2012 at 09:00 PM   #2
Hayden_O

Liked: 0 Times

I would think if you requested each other it would override any answers you provided for things like wake up time. If you have the same room/community preferences you should be fine.

I could be wrong though.
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:03 PM   #3
banana93

yeah. i think so too, but im still concerned especially because the mc website stresses on the fact that we should have identical "profile responses". but at the same time, it doesnt make any sense if having little difference in responses would prevent us from being together.
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:03 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

If you both requested each other and put in the same room preferences (in the exact same order) there shouldn't be any problems.

When do room assignments come out again?
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:06 PM   #5
Hayden_O

I believe we find out in early August.

Edit: Never mind it's early July.
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:08 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

For a more accurate answer, you could try and contact housing tomorrow: http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...ing_staff.html
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:11 PM   #7
banana93

okay. thanks guys, at least i am little bit relieved
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:15 PM   #8
banana93

for the contact, who should i talk to, is this the right person to talk to?
the residence admission -
Trish Sullivan
Residence Admissions Coordinator
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:21 PM   #9
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Both of you email them, with the request, and go into the res app and change your preferences.
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:26 PM   #10
Chilly

Well now reading this thread makes me a little nervous... After a friend of mine requested me to be their roommate, I accepted the request, but never in turn requested them, thinking what we had done to be fine.
By "requesting each other" to end up as roommates did both of us have to actually request the other, and both accept the request, or would it be fine for just one person to request and the other accept their request?
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:29 PM   #11
banana93

no we did have identical preferences, but not the same profile responses (like time of sleep, neat, casual) only two of them are different.
and the deadline is over, i dont think we can go back and change it.
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:35 PM   #12
banana93

my partner requested me, and i accepted it, and the left side of the portal residence site said "
you have accepted NAME as a roommate" it said something like that. also my roommate had some saying showed up too. so i think its fine.
the thing is that saying disappeared after the deadline, is that supposed to be like gone?
is yours gone too?
also did you choose identical room preferences and profile responses?
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:44 PM   #13
Chilly

Oh thank goodness, yes when I tried to request her after it said that too, so that's why I thought it was fine. I was just thinking about it now and my brother couldn't remember what he had done, so I had a mini heart attack haha
Yeah that part is gone for me too, I'm guessing that's supposed to happen then.
We chose identical everything, room types and the profile responses, just because we weren't sure and thought we should just in case. Looking at the Mac website now it says that they'll guarantee the request if the applicants "ranked their profile responses and room type preferences identically." So you're probably going to need to email them then.
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:49 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasung View Post
for the contact, who should i talk to, is this the right person to talk to?
the residence admission -
Trish Sullivan
Residence Admissions Coordinator
Yeah, I would start there. If anything she will direct you to the right person if she can't answer your question.
Old 06-04-2012 at 10:06 PM   #15
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

The fact you requested each other should put you together because it makes things easier for them. The fact you didn't put the same might give a little flag for them saying "we need to double check". Ask them to be sure