MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many 2nd and 3rd year courses are you required to take? snair Academics 4 05-27-2011 10:16 AM
Tutor Required for 2nd year elec eng courses d4dani Academics 1 03-09-2011 08:04 PM
Help! No courses running required for second year combined honours theatre and film t3hbovinator Academics 2 06-15-2010 05:41 PM
Required Courses For Mech Eng and Society (Second Year) ftaylor Academics 2 06-15-2010 02:48 AM
SIN Number required when signing a lease? melodicdream Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 25 02-01-2010 04:58 PM

required number of second year courses?

Old 06-10-2011 at 09:49 PM   #1
CarinaC

Liked: 0 Times

required number of second year courses?
hey guys,

i'm going into second year and i dont think i'm going to pick a major because in march i want to apply for an internal transfer to commerce, so this year i'm taking the courses i need in order to make that switch. so, it would make the most sense to stay in general social science but most of the courses i'll be taking aren't social science courses, is there a minimum amount you have to take, like the 12 units that were required in first year?

and also, do i need a certain amount of 2nd year courses? because most of mine will be 1st year

thanks alot!
Old 06-10-2011 at 10:02 PM   #2
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/ug...Sept 2011.pdf

Here is the link for commerce good luck!
Old 06-10-2011 at 10:12 PM   #3
CarinaC

Liked: 0 Times

yeah i have that, i'm working on getting the rest of those courses this year. sorry i wasnt clear in my original post. i already completed 1st year social science and im wondering if i need to take a certain number of units of social science courses since im staying in general social science this year, while i take the commerce prerequisites that i need