MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Theatre & Film 2T03 micadjems 2nd Year Course Reviews 33 06-21-2016 10:44 AM
Combined Honours Degree vs. Two Degrees Shmowen Academics 1 08-08-2010 05:49 PM
Combined Honours with OSAP kc540 Financial Aid 24 06-08-2010 10:41 PM
Applying for Combined Honours Shmowen Academics 3 03-18-2010 09:32 AM
Theatre and Film?? thatdudeukno Academics 3 08-24-2008 08:02 PM

Help! No courses running required for second year combined honours theatre and film

Old 06-15-2010 at 05:17 PM   #1
t3hbovinator

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Help! No courses running required for second year combined honours theatre and film
I realize that this is last minute since SOLAR opens tonight. However, I just recently was accepted to the theatre and film combined honours program. As I was going through to choose courses for this I'm realizing that of the requirements listed online only two of these courses are showing up on the master timetable and master course list... It states that I need to take at least 9 units from these options, but how can I take these courses when they aren't even showing up when I search them?
I'm so confused, and until today I didn't even think that I would be able to major in this program, so I'm rushing around last minute.

So....Any thoughts? How am I supposed to major in it when I can't even find the courses I need?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2010 at 05:24 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

You might have to take them another year. This happens frequently with smaller programs. In my program, for example, we need two of Chembio4A03/4OA3/4OB3. The course calendar warns that courses may be offered every other year. So, this year all three of them are being offered (which is an odd way of setting it up) and people who are in third year this year, and graduating after next year, have to take two of them this year to satisfy the program requirements, knowing none will be offered next year. It's usually an issue of finding someone to teach the course, which becomes harder if there's only 20 kids per year in the course. It makes more economical sense to have it every other year, and teach 40 kids at a time. I'm not sure how big the theatre and film program is, but it's likely the same reasoning. If you still have 3 years to go, then you should get a chance to take them by the time you need to graduate.
Old 06-15-2010 at 05:41 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Go see your faculty members or advisors.. you shouldn't be waiting till the last moment for this

I hope you have back-up courses to take just in case.