MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Theatre & Film 1b03 NRoshanth Academics 7 04-15-2009 06:13 PM
Theatre & Film Society Wants You! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 01-14-2009 06:45 PM
Theatre and Film?? thatdudeukno Academics 3 08-24-2008 08:02 PM
Message From Mac Theatre and Film Society Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-17-2008 12:41 AM

Theatre & Film 2T03

Theatre & Film 2T03
Music for Film and Television
Published by micadjems
04-09-2009
Published by
Awesome Member

Theatre & Film 2T03

I think this is also a music course... but I don't know the code.

This course looks at films from all eras, from back in the silent film days, all the way up to Wall-E. You see clips of many films and have assigned films to watch on your own time. Most of them are classics that everyone should see or at least appreciate anyway, so no time wasted!

There are two scantron midterms, multiple choice, as well as the exam. This year's breakdown was 30% tests, 40% exam.

Excellent, interesting course that's also really easy if you watch the films and go over the readings and definitions once or twice.

manu says thanks to micadjems for this post.

Lorene likes this.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Theatre & Film 2T03!

Old 05-16-2009 at 03:56 PM   #2
mnk1988

Liked: 0 Times
also known as music 2f03
You are better of going to class. Dr. Mitchell is a great prof.
This year (2008-2009) he wanted you to read the textbook. He had questions on each test from the textbook (but its relatively light reading.)
Old 06-02-2009 at 09:53 PM   #3
smile120

do we presentation and a lot of discussion in the class??
Old 06-02-2009 at 09:56 PM   #4
smile120

do we have presentation and need to discuss the movies that we watched??...have about group workss???

Old 06-27-2009 at 12:27 AM   #5
Quester

Liked: 6 Times
It's not even offered this year...
Old 04-27-2010 at 03:33 PM   #6
davisae4

Liked: 1 Time
does anyone know what the textbook is for this class or if the syllabus is online?
Old 06-02-2010 at 08:52 PM   #7
mel89

Liked: 3 Times
does anyone know the course outline for this class? i cant seem to find it anywhere
thanks!!
Old 06-09-2010 at 05:52 PM   #8
qazwini

Liked: Liked 4 Times
It's not offered this year either.
Old 04-25-2011 at 04:57 PM   #9
SSMUMTAZ

Does anyone know what the course structure is like in the summer? I'm thinking about taking it...
Old 04-26-2011 at 07:07 PM   #10
alyciag

I emailed Dr. Mitchell because I also am taking the course but am not finding any course outlines.
He answered that he hadn't finalized the movie list but that we would be evaluated based on 2 midterms and a final.

SSMUMTAZ says thanks to alyciag for this post.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:57 AM   #11
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times
whyy is it not offered during the year :(:(:(:(
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:41 PM   #12
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
How difficult are the midterms and the exam? Can we get away with not going to class and studying lecture notes/reading the textbook?
Old 06-04-2012 at 10:47 PM   #13
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
How difficult are the midterms and the exam? Can we get away with not going to class and studying lecture notes/reading the textbook?
They're fairly easy, but I would definitely go to class AND watch the movies. He asks plot questions to make sure you've watched them (I believe all but one plot question was super obvious if you'd seen the movie, not some random detail...one of them was harder). He's a really good lecturer and he goes over a lot of stuff in class, and plays important parts of the movie and other sound/video clips and whatnot. I definitely don't think it's a class you can skip regularly.

Angoose says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:26 PM   #14
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
Ah that's fine. I thought it was a night class at first, that's why. This sounds like...a really fun class.
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:29 PM   #15
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Ah that's fine. I thought it was a night class at first, that's why. This sounds like...a really fun class.
Yeah, I liked it
It's night class during the summer but not during the normal school year.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search