MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Theatre & Film 1b03 NRoshanth Academics 7 04-15-2009 06:13 PM
Theatre & Film Society Wants You! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 01-14-2009 06:45 PM
Theatre and Film?? thatdudeukno Academics 3 08-24-2008 08:02 PM
Message From Mac Theatre and Film Society Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-17-2008 12:41 AM

Theatre & Film 2T03

Old 04-09-2009 at 06:56 AM   #16
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Theatre & Film 2T03
I think this is also a music course... but I don't know the code.

This course looks at films from all eras, from back in the silent film days, all the way up to Wall-E. You see clips of many films and have assigned films to watch on your own time. Most of them are classics that...

says thanks to micadjems for this post.

likes this.
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:53 PM   #15
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
There isn't a review for Music2F03, but it is a cross-listed course with this. Which of the two did you happen to take, Lauren? I just hope there isn't a written portion for music2f03 :(.
Old 06-04-2012 at 11:54 PM   #16
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
There isn't a review for Music2F03, but it is a cross-listed course with this. Which of the two did you happen to take, Lauren? I just hope there isn't a written portion for music2f03 :(.
If it's cross-listed that means it's the exact same course...ie, you sit in the same room at the same time for the same lecture and write the same tests.
Old 06-05-2012 at 01:14 AM   #17
Angoose
Elite Member

Oh wow, now I feel stupid. Thanks for clearing that up XD. I mixed up cross-listed with antirequisites.
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:01 PM   #18
cadric123

Liked: 0 Times
Does anyone know if it is possible to 12 this course? And how much effort do you have to put into it to do well?
Old 06-06-2012 at 06:23 PM   #19
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadric123 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to 12 this course? And how much effort do you have to put into it to do well?
It's possible to get a 12 in any course.

How much effort you need to put into this depends on a lot of things...how familiar you are with the material beforehand, how good your memory is, how well you learn from his lecturing style, etc. Even if you're not familiar with the movies and don't have a good memory, it shouldn't take that much effort as long as you're an active participant in the course.
Old 12-11-2012 at 02:16 PM   #20
tsaomk

Liked: 2 Times
Does anyone know what the course outline is like? just two midterms and a final? and also does anyone who already took this course recently know which movies were viewd?
thanks
Old 12-11-2012 at 06:33 PM   #21
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times
when i took it during the summer it was two midterms and a final. Make sure y'all watch all the movies because he will ask plot questions. The movies were pretty good

tsaomk says thanks to rpg51 for this post.
Old 12-13-2012 at 10:43 AM   #22
tsaomk

Liked: 2 Times
Does anyone know what movies were watched?
Old 12-13-2012 at 01:26 PM   #23
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaomk View Post
Does anyone know what movies were watched?
Watch it turn out to be all five Twilight movies.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-07-2013 at 09:04 PM   #24
Angoose
Elite Member

Okay, it's not all five Twilight movies.

Are the midterms based only on plot questions, or it's about 50% music terminology and 50% plot? I see that this course isn't on avenue (...yet?), so I'm wondering if it would be hard to study even if I write things down in class.
Old 01-07-2013 at 09:37 PM   #25
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Okay, it's not all five Twilight movies.

Are the midterms based only on plot questions, or it's about 50% music terminology and 50% plot? I see that this course isn't on avenue (...yet?), so I'm wondering if it would be hard to study even if I write things down in class.
Neither, there's like 1-2 plot questions per film, in total (both midterms plus exam). It's just to make sure you watched them.
The rest is about course content, far more than just the terminology.

When I took the course we watched Robin Hood, Star Wars (the first one), The Godfather (the first one), Psycho, Casablanca, A Streetcar Named Desire and Wall-E...I think those are all of them, that's just what I remember off the top of my head.
Old 01-07-2013 at 09:52 PM   #26
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Neither, there's like 1-2 plot questions per film, in total (both midterms plus exam). It's just to make sure you watched them.
The rest is about course content, far more than just the terminology.

When I took the course we watched Robin Hood, Star Wars (the first one), The Godfather (the first one), Psycho, Casablanca, A Streetcar Named Desire and Wall-E...I think those are all of them, that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

Oooh thanks for the info. That is actually the list of movies we're doing pretty much . I just hope he has a page with all of the lecture slides/notes so that I can study well for the course.
Old 01-11-2013 at 08:39 AM   #27
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times
can someone post the course outline?
Old 01-12-2013 at 01:50 PM   #28
sambhuvan

are the midterms cumulative?
Old 01-23-2013 at 06:21 PM   #29
Thiru10