MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-19-2010 02:17 PM
Problem! noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2009 12:21 PM
ELM problem maverick1990 General Discussion 10 09-09-2009 03:07 PM
is this a problem? sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-12-2008 11:28 AM
Anyone out there have the same problem? Please help me. raine First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-01-2008 11:00 AM

Res Problem !!!

Old 05-28-2011 at 02:17 PM   #1
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Res Problem !!!
Hello

I am applying for res

I have to pick 5 suggestions for rooms but the names are confusing

i choose so far

1- Single room with washroom

2- Suite

3- not sure

4-not sure
5- not sure

I have some questions about few of the rooms if you can describe what they are

APT4 APT6: is this an apartment with 4-6 bedrooms or 4 bedrooms with 4-6 people? how many washrooms?

halcyon house? what is that whats the dif? it has single room with washroom + apt 5
wellnes house and substance free can some one explain these?

triple? 3 people on room?
quad? 4 people one room?

I am comfortable when i get my own room so what are my best options it dosent matter if same apartment or house

and yes i know its not garunteed but i want to put 5 choices

Thanks for ur help
Old 05-28-2011 at 02:21 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

You can find all the info here about all the themes and whatnot: http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...le_themes.html

mfattal says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 05-28-2011 at 02:25 PM   #3
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
You can find all the info here about all the themes and whatnot: http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...le_themes.html
thanks but now i know what the themes are

but can u explain the rooms i included
Old 05-28-2011 at 02:27 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Since you want a single, maybe you can chose the apartment style since you have a higher change of getting that (Bates). Or, you can pick some of the singles in the themed floors/buildings. Oh and you can pick single with or without bathroom for each of these options I believe. In my opinion, the washroom wasn't a big deal. And I'm not sure about the Apt 4-6 thing, but I think it means either an apartment with 4 or 6 bedrooms and only 1 person per bedroom by the way. But I'm not 100% sure, maybe email housing and conference? And usually a suite has 2 bathrooms and I believe the 4 or 6 people apartment has 1 bathroom only. Also, yes, triple=3 people and quad=4 people. Let me know if you have any more questions

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 05-28-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Old 05-28-2011 at 02:29 PM   #5
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Since you want a single, maybe you can chose the apartment style since you have a higher change of getting that (Bates). Or, you can pick some of the singles in the themed floors/buildings. Oh and you can pick single with or without bathroom for each of these options I believe. In my opinion, the washroom wasn't a big deal. And I'm not sure about the Apt 4-6 thing, maybe email housing and conference? Also, yes, triple=3 people and quad=4 people. Let me know if you have any more questions
i emailed them buts its Saturday and its a weekend so they wont reply until Monday and deadline is june 2nd

so hopefully some one here can explain
Old 05-28-2011 at 02:31 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
i emailed them buts its Saturday and its a weekend so they wont reply until Monday and deadline is june 2nd

so hopefully some one here can explain
Read the edited version of the previous post. This is what I remember from asking last year, but again I'm not entirely sure. Also, you still have some time for them to reply, but hopefully someone can answer that question on here.

Old 05-28-2011 at 02:59 PM   #7
mfattal
Elite Member

can some one help i want to get this over with

APT4 APT6: is this an apartment with 4-6 bedrooms or 4 bedrooms with 4-6 people? how many washrooms?

halcyon house? what is that whats the dif? it has single room with washroom + apt 5
Old 05-28-2011 at 03:48 PM   #8
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

APT4/6 means you'll either get an apartment with 4 bedrooms and 4 people, or 6 bedrooms and 6 people. There should be one washroom minimum, i don't know if there are more.

mfattal says thanks to adaptation for this post.
Old 05-28-2011 at 03:59 PM   #9
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

please people his problem is ERRGENT !! Help him.

Apartment with 6 bedrooms is just too much and you will hate it. 4 is better.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 05-28-2011 at 04:00 PM   #10
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
APT4/6 means you'll either get an apartment with 4 bedrooms and 4 people, or 6 bedrooms and 6 people. There should be one washroom minimum, i don't know if there are more.
thats all i need to know thank you guys

now i have to pay 600$ lol