MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
once i paid the residence deposit am I guaranteed a spot? 737300173 Residence & Housing 2 06-06-2011 07:29 PM
Residence Deposit & Conditional Offer laural First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-17-2011 11:13 AM
Residence Deposit Return? jubilantx Residence & Housing 4 04-13-2010 09:53 PM
residence deposit julie a. Residence & Housing 1 02-08-2010 04:14 PM
McMaster Residence Application & Deposit Due! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 05-29-2008 12:14 PM

Residence Deposit Question

Old 08-03-2011 at 06:42 PM   #1
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

Residence Deposit Question
I was wondering whether or not the $600 deposit paid for residence will be accounted for in the Payment Agreement. I looked at the price for residence and meal plans and they were both normal ( as in, the $600 didn't get deducted from these fees ). It also says online that this money will be a part of your residence fee. Any idea what's going on?

Old 08-03-2011 at 07:11 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitotst View Post
I was wondering whether or not the $600 deposit paid for residence will be accounted for in the Payment Agreement. I looked at the price for residence and meal plans and they were both normal ( as in, the $600 didn't get deducted from these fees ). It also says online that this money will be a part of your residence fee. Any idea what's going on?
Yes, it gets deducted. You can always call Student Accounts and Cashiers to ask.
Old 08-03-2011 at 07:37 PM   #3
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

ok, i contacted them, but it says that the deposit won't be put into the student account until the 3rd week of september, which is after the full payment date ( september 1 ).

they also told me to pay 600 less from the full payment so that the $600 deposit will cover that amount when the 3rd week of september comes. but will interest accumulate by then?

Old 08-03-2011 at 07:48 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitotst View Post
ok, i contacted them, but it says that the deposit won't be put into the student account until the 3rd week of september, which is after the full payment date ( september 1 ).

they also told me to pay 600 less from the full payment so that the $600 deposit will cover that amount when the 3rd week of september comes. but will interest accumulate by then?
No interest, it's a monthly compound interest at the end of each month. It's so weird that it's not automatic... I thought it was in my year...

kaitotst says thanks to jhan523 for this post.