MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Move-In Dates Finalized! jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 14 09-04-2010 07:11 PM
Residence move-in Allana:) Residence & Housing 6 08-06-2010 02:25 PM
Residence Move-In Linh Residence & Housing 1 07-18-2010 09:17 PM
Residence Move-In fuzzyskittle Residence & Housing 28 09-01-2009 02:01 PM
residence move in dates joannasmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-14-2009 12:29 PM

Residence/SOCS Move-in Talk

Old 09-04-2009 at 04:45 PM   #181
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

No Frills has their dollar sale. Let's just say I stocked up pretty good! lol bought a bunch of soups and easy to make stuff for when i'm in a hurry. Got tons of snacks for cheap!

I still havn't packed anything yet though. I'm moving in Sunday, so i'll probably pack all my stuff tomorrow. I like to take a whole day to pack instead of doing it slowly over a week or so. I'm off-campus though
Old 09-04-2009 at 05:35 PM   #182
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

I hate their dollar soups though..I like the .45 centish ones where you have to add the milk/water. Tastes so much better yummmmmmmm
I like taking a whole day too. I feel more motivated and will remember if I've packed something or not. Less time reopening boxes to check if it's there or not.

I'm off campus too. But fully furnished. Only bringing a mattress and my computer desk because I like it.
Old 09-04-2009 at 05:41 PM   #183
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'm still at the very basics of packing. Only started today. I'm at 2 boxes adn that's already getting into my clothes. I just need 1 more medium box for my shirts and I'm good to go ! WHEWT! living on almost NOTHING! I love it.

Although, what I'm neglecting to include in the box count is: 1 for printer, 1 for desktop computer.
Old 09-04-2009 at 05:57 PM   #184
Duarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
Although, what I'm neglecting to include in the box count is: 1 for printer, 1 for desktop computer.
YAY FOR DESKTOPS!!! I'm the only one of my friends with a desktop at uni but I know that their laptop batteries will die on them and they'll sit on the screens while I type away with my normal number pad, giant screen and slideable keyboard thing. I like sliding it
Old 09-04-2009 at 06:15 PM   #185
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I'm moving tomorrow morning and still haevn't started packing. And I'm going out tonight.

I'm an expert at procrastination. ;D

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-04-2009 at 06:27 PM   #186
Duarch

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL when exactly will you have time to pack and sleep?
I have to go shopping for food supplies o.O there is no more pasta, spaghetti or noodles in my house and that's what I primarily survive on.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 09-04-2009 at 06:34 PM   #187
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
I have to go shopping for food supplies o.O there is no more pasta, spaghetti or noodles in my house and that's what I primarily survive on.
There's always sleep time in the car if they are not driving
Old 09-04-2009 at 06:35 PM   #188
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
OH MY GOD.
ME TOO.
I EAT PASTA -EVERY- DAY.
You're my long lost sibling. D:

And iunno, I'm kinda hoping that it goes as smoothly as it did last year. I took two garbage bags, and if I saw something I thought I'd need, I'd throw it in. XD

Old 09-04-2009 at 06:41 PM   #189
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
There's always sleep time in the car if they are not driving
After 30+ trips to and from Hamilton, my mom STILL gets lost every time. I'm driving.

Old 09-04-2009 at 06:56 PM   #190
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha! I was thinking the exact same thing . A whole suitcase of snacks and easy to make food and whatnot. Are you leaving that bag to be carried up.. or are you bringing it up yourself, since I have plates and stuff in it, I was thinking I should bring it up myself =/
Ahh, I put my dishes in with my clothing! Since clothing fits into any space, the dishes only take up a very small amount of space when packed with clothes, which fit in around as extra padding... I tried to pack it with snacks and whatnot, but I had a hard time fitting things in around the dishes... I'm actually really happy with how it turned out, and I don't need to worry about breaking anything!

Any now I can leave everything, other than the laptop, to the movers. Booya!

What kind of foods are people bringing?
Old 09-04-2009 at 07:30 PM   #191
Greco

Quote:
I hate their dollar soups though..I like the .45 centish ones where you have to add the milk/water. Tastes so much better yummmmmmmm
I like taking a whole day too. I feel more motivated and will remember if I've packed something or not. Less time reopening boxes to check if it's there or not.

I'm off campus too. But fully furnished. Only bringing a mattress and my computer desk because I like it.
haha yea your right those do taste better, but sometimes i'm just too lazy to add milk or water, or most of the time I run out of milk! lol

Yay for fully furnished! my place is as well. I'm just bringing an office chair and my own bedsheets/towels and such
Old 09-04-2009 at 07:34 PM   #192
Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post
I don't cook much when i'm living away from home, so most of the stuff I brought is easy to make things like soups, bread, microwaveable rice and such. Although I am Italian, so my mom usually makes me some tupperware's full of pasta sauce, or lasagna to send me back to Hamilton with! haha, which is a nice. I get a break from eating bland soup and toasted bread, lol! I also buy a bunch of those nature valley bars, I love them! especially the sweet & salty flavour ones.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:37 PM   #193
Duarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
I don't cook much when i'm living away from home, so most of the stuff I brought is easy to make things like soups, bread, microwaveable rice and such. Although I am Italian, so my mom usually makes me some tupperware's full of pasta sauce, or lasagna to send me back to Hamilton with! haha, which is a nice. I get a break from eating bland soup and toasted bread, lol! I also buy a bunch of those nature valley bars, I love them! especially the sweet & salty flavour ones.
Me neither. Who really wants to cook in uni... but my parents get mad at me and tell me to start eating properly. I'm brown so eating pasta everyday isn't exactly FOOD to them. But I put three of the food groups in there :( grain (pasta), dairy (cheese), and of course fruits/veggies (the sauce, garlic, some mushroom, yummy).

My mom has learned to adapt to my tastes and now cooks me manicotti and quesadillas with some anchiladas thrown in at times . She knows I end up sending most of the brown food back. How nice :

OMGGGGGGGG I love those bars. But I like the erm.. well I don't remember the flavour but THEY'RE ALL GOOOOOOOD. And they fill you up a little too. They're just too crumbly... Crumble in my mouth, not on top of my keyboard...
Old 09-05-2009 at 12:09 AM   #194
NickAcc

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:

OMGGGGGGGG I love those bars. But I like the erm.. well I don't remember the flavour but THEY'RE ALL GOOOOOOOD. And they fill you up a little too. They're just too crumbly... Crumble in my mouth, not on top of my keyboard...
The nature valley trail mix bars don't crumble

Old 09-05-2009 at 01:16 AM   #195
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flag View Post
Ahh, I put my dishes in with my clothing! Since clothing fits into any space, the dishes only take up a very small amount of space when packed with clothes, which fit in around as extra padding... I tried to pack it with snacks and whatnot, but I had a hard time fitting things in around the dishes... I'm actually really happy with how it turned out, and I don't need to worry about breaking anything!

Any now I can leave everything, other than the laptop, to the movers. Booya!

That's a great idea! I'll stuff in a few shirts with it

Hmm, food. Soups, pasta, eggs, milk, granola bars, yoghurt, juice and whatnot. Not sure if I'm taking all this from here though, it might be easier to just get it from Fortino's or something =/