MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changed courses around... Cliu91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-09-2010 03:59 PM
OSAP changed, 1700 less! :( olive Financial Aid 4 08-15-2010 11:40 PM
Does this mean they've changed the fridge policy? hitek168 Residence & Housing 11 08-04-2010 04:36 PM
1EE0 Suddenly showed up on my ELM HaXoRZ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 10-03-2009 07:55 PM
What the? Suddenly I have a conflict? cowpuppy Academics 4 08-31-2009 08:17 AM

Residence suddenly changed?

Old 07-07-2010 at 08:56 PM   #1
pinkpen

Liked: 0 Times

Residence suddenly changed?
Couple weeks ago I checked my residence application and I was in a single room with meal plan group A regular. However I just checked and it says my residence has been changed into a double and my meal plan changed to group A small. Is this an error? Has this ever happened to anyone? Im going to be calling them tomorrow morning, but I would like to get some information about my problem now. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2010 at 08:58 PM   #2
Linh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpen View Post
Couple weeks ago I checked my residence application and I was in a single room with meal plan group A regular. However I just checked and it says my residence has been changed into a double and my meal plan changed to group A small. Is this an error? Has this ever happened to anyone? Im going to be calling them tomorrow morning, but I would like to get some information about my problem now. Thanks in advance!
nope, it's not only you...
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...0.html?t=29310

Old 07-07-2010 at 08:59 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
They always give you a default so that you can know how much your tuition will roughly cost before residence assignments are released. Now that they have been released, they are changing the prices to your respective rooms and meal plans.
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:00 PM   #4
Linh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
They always give you a default so that you can know how much your tuition will roughly cost before residence assignments are released. Now that they have been released, they are changing the prices to your respective rooms and meal plans.
But the residence assignments have already been released quite some time ago?
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:01 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linh View Post
But the residence assignments have already been released quite some time ago?
Hasn't it only been a week or two? I think that amount of time sounds right for changing thousands of students payment agreements.
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:02 PM   #6
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Yeah, I just checked and it's different... I think it's just a glitch!
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:04 PM   #7
Linh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Hasn't it only been a week or two? I think that amount of time sounds right for changing thousands of students payment agreements.
Yea, they were released around two weeks ago or so, but when I checked the residence application to make sure again after seeing a double with washroom on my payment agreement, I was still in the room I was assigned (double without a washroom)
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:07 PM   #8
pinkpen

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my thread
My situation is exactly like Linh's, so does that mean the room I got on my residence application is wrong?
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:17 PM   #9
hyvaa

Liked: 14 Times

Mine is weird too. I had "SUITE" and GROUP B REDUCED for the last payment agreement (which I submitted a week ago) and now I suddenly have "APARTMENT" and GROUP B REGULAR on my payment agreement. Yet, my rez application still says I am in keyes.. I have no idea what the eff is going on.

boeyyy likes this.
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:18 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my thread
My situation is exactly like Linh's, so does that mean the room I got on my residence application is wrong?
It might be, but then again it might be right. At this point in time it's hard to tell because I don't know how the admin changes the payment agreements (if they do it one by one or all at the same time).

So it might just mean yours hasn't been changed yet or it might mean that's what you got. You should just wait another week to make sure though.
Old 07-07-2010 at 09:20 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyvaa View Post
Mine is weird too. I had "SUITE" and GROUP B REDUCED for the last payment agreement (which I submitted a week ago) and now I suddenly have "APARTMENT" and GROUP B REGULAR on my payment agreement. Yet, my rez application still says I am in keyes.. I have no idea what the eff is going on.
Hmmm, that is quite odd... I guess something is actually amiss... I would definitively contact housing then.
Old 07-07-2010 at 10:06 PM   #12
boeyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyvaa View Post
That happened to me too! Instead of SUITE and GROUP B REDUCED, I now have DOUBLE W/ WASHROOM in my payment agreement. But my rez application says KEYES still too....should I contact residence / housing????

HELPPP this is scary!

Last edited by boeyyy : 07-07-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2010 at 10:20 PM   #13
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

da hell... after reading this thread i went to check my application then payment agreemen... and it happened to me TOO... my app says single group a small... but pay agrmt says double group a light... ust be some serious glitch or they are making some changes that are showing up on evryone agreement
Old 07-07-2010 at 10:51 PM   #14
nadia1

Liked: 3 Times

i checked this forum and then my payemtn agreement, i used to have suite and group B reduced and now i have group A and double room, but my rez application still says keyes.
Old 07-08-2010 at 01:55 AM   #15
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Mine has changed too! This doesn't make sense. I had Apartment and Small Reduced Meal Plan. Now on my payment agreement it says I have Double with Washroom and Large Regular Meal Plan. I then logged onto my Res Application and it still says I have an apartment...

Has anyone called? I am out of country so I am not able to!!