MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can someone please review my schedule? luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-16-2010 06:12 PM
can you review my timetable? please bubblegum3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-29-2010 10:18 AM
Review my Timetable PLease MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 10:38 PM
Review my schedule please!!! quresmu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2009 01:03 PM
2nd Yr Multimedia Schedule Review? TTHX Academics 4 06-23-2009 05:04 PM

Review My Schedule/Timetable - Post here

Old 08-09-2008 at 11:21 AM   #1
dynast

Liked: 0 Times

Review My Schedule/Timetable - Post here
Hi,
I'm a 1st year engineering student, and I would really appreciate it if you guys gave some suggestions on my timetable.
Personally, it seems to me like the schedule is WAY TOO busy! I've seen some other timetables, but mine is just crazy.

Is it better to take both electives in the 1st year?
Should I space out some courses?

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Mcmaster Timetable.doc (120.5 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by lorend : 06-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2008 at 11:31 AM   #2
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Compared to some of the other engineering schedules I have seen, yours isnt too bad. Is there any way you could move some of your friday stuff into Tuesday?

Old 08-09-2008 at 11:38 AM   #3
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

try moving your labs. for example. play around with:
engineering 1c03 lab 10 which you have and physics 1d03 L23 and T23.

I'm wondering if yours physics 1d03 L23/T23 are numbered the saem by coincidence or not. because for some classes, if you are in a certain lab number, you are automatically assigned to the same tutorial number. not sure if this applies to your course though!

if you have trouble picking one of the other labs/tutorials to move, then you will then have to start figuring out what core sectoins you can switch around to make it work better..

scheduling making is confusing! but after first year, there are less and less seections so it will be alot easier.
Old 08-09-2008 at 08:28 PM   #4
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

hey! your sched isn't too bad except for the fridays. I agree about trying to move that 1C03 lab..mayb on thurs mornings unless you don't mind stayin late on fridays. The labs aren't very difficult so you can get them done pretty fast. And also try to move stuff on tues since you have that major gap. It's very difficult because the math course occurs 4 days a week, soo it takes a while to rearrange everything since you have to worry about those 4 time slots. :(

I like to take my electives first yr just to get them over with. But there's nothing wrong with taking them during the summer if you feel you have too much on your plate.

And YES, lab/tut are numbered the same for physics. Since they're EOW once you pick one lab # you automatically get assigned the same tut #. You might want to experiment on switching ENG 1C03 with ENG 1D04 from 1st term to 2nd term to see which one can make your sched better.

Last edited by #Eng. : 08-09-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ..sorry MATH 1Z04 occurs FOUR times/week
Old 08-11-2008 at 11:55 AM   #5
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Review my Timetable
I updated my timetable since last time and this is how it looks now. So like everyone else I'm wondering whether or not there any changes that you would recommend I make. Everything seems a little crammed which has me worried. I'm also wondering if I should change any course times around due to the distance between each building. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtable.JPG (127.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg newtable2.JPG (128.7 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-11-2008 at 12:08 PM   #6
Eva C
Elite Member

hey. the only thing i would try and changeis your chem 1a03 lab for first term. its every other week, but if you are unlucky enough to have the biolab and the chemlab on the same week, you will have a really long monday! no time to eat prb. so definately i would suggest moving your chem lab maybe to one of the other days like tues or wed.

you dont' really have to worry about the distance btw classes, you will maek it to all of them. you're mostly in bsb anyways. not a big walk for your classes that are right after each other.
Old 08-11-2008 at 12:22 PM   #7
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

Alternating bio & chem labs are based on odd and even lab sections...
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:17 PM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member

but you don't know when bio chem are odd/even and when chem are odd/even..
so its hard to predict / time is so you yo ucan have alternative bio and chem labs too
i generally just wait till school starts or go find the course outline for the two to find out and try to plan it like that. if not, oh well.
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:44 PM   #9
AlbertD

Timetable
This is how my time table looks like. Any suggestions on how it is so far? and yea I do have a conflict which I can't seem to fix other than changing my elective...

Old 08-11-2008 at 03:51 PM   #10
merissa

Liked: Liked 4 Times

whats the conflict.. :S
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:52 PM   #11
AlbertD

My music theory elective is not listed in term 2 because it's at the same time as my core tutorial.
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:57 PM   #12
angel27

Liked: 7 Times

can someone HELP!!!
Hi there, can any1 give me any comments on my timetablee...i know you guys are busy but any advice would be greatly appreciated...thnx so muchh!! oh and for second term i wanted to change my MATH 1LS3 to an earlier class but that would change my prof from IMRAN,M to EFTIMIE, R...do you think that's a wise choice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term1.jpg (156.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (172.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-11-2008 at 04:02 PM   #13
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Yeah, I see what you mean. It might be possible to fit it in by moving Math 1ZZ5 to the 17:30 slots and then moving all your engineering courses around as well. It's too difficult for me to even figure out. I'd suggest choosing a nice elective to make things easier.
Old 08-11-2008 at 04:09 PM   #14
AlbertD

lol yeah I think i'll do that. Is it hard by the way to drop/change courses? Is it usually packed?

and I wanted to switch my courses around but the master time table is down apparently (I can't see any times for the courses) so Ill have to wait.
Old 08-11-2008 at 04:09 PM   #15
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

For your second term,

if you change your medrad 1C03 tutorial to Monday at 9:30, then you can change your medrad 1B03 to C02 and get off 3 hours earlier on Fridays. I would suggest moving the math to an earlier time, but I have no idea how the profs are, so that's up to you.

Your first term looks fine, I can't think of any changes to make.

And let me just say, YEAH KINESIOLOGY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Finally someone who is taking a kinesiology course! Even if you are in medrad. Haha

angel27 says thanks to mitch for this post.