MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent!!! Where Are The Lifeguard Interviews Held The Effekt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-08-2010 10:29 AM
coop interviews precious Academics 19 04-09-2010 01:27 AM
Interviews Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 14 03-06-2010 03:42 PM

RLS interviews

Old 01-12-2010 at 06:22 PM   #1
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times

RLS interviews
I'm just curious. If anyone has ever done this before, what are the RLS interviews like? They're almost 4 hours long..
Old 01-12-2010 at 06:43 PM   #2
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

UM... I don't think the interview is 4 hours. The assessment centres could be 4 hours though.

At the assessment centres, you will go through different stations where they will assess your ability to deal with different types of situations you may encounter as a student.

I was a CA, and an HCA, so take my word for it when I say that you should just be yourself at assessment centres. Also, try to bring your maturity with you on that day. I've seen people in assessment centres who sat and talked to their friends the whole time the session leader was explaining what needed to be done, and then had the gall to ask him to repeat it.
Old 01-12-2010 at 06:59 PM   #3
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

The assessment centres, which are happening on Friday and Saturday) are four hours long.

At the assessment centres, you will be placed in groups and be going around to different stations to do different types of scenarios that you relate to the CA role.

I agree with the above poster that you should just try to be yourself, and to be professional in the way that you act.
Old 01-12-2010 at 08:38 PM   #4
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

The interview will be in groups, meaning that it won't be a interviewer-interviewee situation. There will be stations that correspond to different cases renacting how it takes to be a CA. You will meet a lot of other potential CA's which is good if you want to make friends... (i guess). Also, you will have to work with them to assess teawork skills. It's less nerve-bracking than you think. It's kind of fun actually.
Old 01-12-2010 at 09:48 PM   #5
sniderj
Elite Member

For the sake of clarity, perhaps we should stop referring to the assessment centres as "interviews". During the recruitment process there is an assessment centre AND an interview.

Last edited by sniderj : 01-12-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Minor spelling mistake
Old 01-13-2010 at 10:13 AM   #6
mcmaster12

are the assessment centers all being held in MUSC 3rd floor?
Old 01-13-2010 at 12:42 PM   #7
kangs6

Liked: 20 Times

All the assessment centers are in MUST, some are on the 2nd floor and some are on the 3rd. You will be directed to the appropriate floor =]

best of luck!
Old 01-13-2010 at 01:31 PM   #8
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times

Just be yourself. =)

Keep in mind that they're not only looking for people who have that strong personality, or people who are super duper outgoing, enthusiastic, outspoken, etc. all the time. They are looking for a variety of student leaders.

Good luck!
Old 01-13-2010 at 02:55 PM   #9
qwerty!

Besides being yourself and being mature, what should one avoid doing or try to do?
Old 01-13-2010 at 10:56 PM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

anything that involves breaking the law.

i.e. underage drinking

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-19-2010 at 08:04 PM   #11
qwerty!

Does anyone know if they still eliminate people after the final interview? Or if you made it past the assessment you're sure to get the position? It seems like 180 applied and you have around 120 CAs...?
Old 01-19-2010 at 08:08 PM   #12
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
Does anyone know if they still eliminate people after the final interview? Or if you made it past the assessment you're sure to get the position? It seems like 180 applied and you have around 120 CAs...?
You're not guaranteed a spot if you get through the assessment centers. There will still be some people who do not end up with positions, but your chances are likely pretty good if you play your cards right at the interview.
Old 01-19-2010 at 09:35 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Especially since lots of ppl quit during the summer/don't have the final marks to keep the acceptance/realize that they hated it the first time around.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-19-2010 at 09:48 PM   #14
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I remember being on the waiting list when I applied, I eventually got a position in mid July.
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:18 PM   #15
sniderj
Elite Member

The ideal situation is if you can get on the waiting list, and get a position in the first week of September. Then you get to miss training! *SHUDDER* ... Training...