MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent!!! Where Are The Lifeguard Interviews Held The Effekt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-08-2010 10:29 AM
coop interviews precious Academics 19 04-09-2010 01:27 AM
Interviews Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 14 03-06-2010 03:42 PM

RLS interviews

Old 01-19-2010 at 10:28 PM   #16
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
The ideal situation is if you can get on the waiting list, and get a position in the first week of September. Then you get to miss training! *SHUDDER* ... Training...
Oh training :o I remember someone getting the position the day before training...never heard of anyone getting the position after training.
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:33 PM   #17
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeeeeee View Post
Oh training :o I remember someone getting the position the day before training...never heard of anyone getting the position after training.
It happens when people quit before the end of September...or later in the year...or get fired...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-19-2010 at 10:33 PM   #18
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times

What what's wrong with training?
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:47 PM   #19
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
What what's wrong with training?
There's nothing inherently wrong with training... except the days are very long, and I'm a man who enjoys a good nap.

Also, I did training twice, and the second time they had one 3 hour session for returners, and then we had to do all the sessions we had done a year ago.
Old 01-19-2010 at 11:22 PM   #20
mcmaster12

What should we expect for the 2nd interview? behavioral type questions? Is it 1 on 1?

how can we prepare for this? any sample questions that you remember being asked?
Old 01-19-2010 at 11:46 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
There's nothing inherently wrong with training... except the days are very long, and I'm a man who enjoys a good nap.

Also, I did training twice, and the second time they had one 3 hour session for returners, and then we had to do all the sessions we had done a year ago.
It's boring as hell, in other words.

It's like WW rep training...which is exactly the same year after year.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-20-2010 at 08:24 AM   #22
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmaster12 View Post
What should we expect for the 2nd interview? behavioral type questions? Is it 1 on 1?

how can we prepare for this? any sample questions that you remember being asked?
It will be a behavioural interview. If I remember correctly, the interview will be with one Residence Manager, and one outgoing HCA/HPA. I might be slightly off on that though, as it's been awhile since I've gone through the process.
Old 01-20-2010 at 12:51 PM   #23
mcmaster12

it said to bring a transcript. under x gpa = not hired?
Old 01-20-2010 at 01:06 PM   #24
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
it said to bring a transcript. under x gpa = not hired?
I believe you need a GPA of 5 or more to be a CA. That's the only reason for the transcript as far as I know.

If you're just above a 5, and your GPA drops to below at the end of the term, they WILL remove you. The logic is that they do not want the position to further interfere with your academic progress,
Old 01-20-2010 at 01:29 PM   #25
mcmaster12

would a high gpa or low gpa influence their decision?
Old 01-20-2010 at 01:55 PM   #26
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
would a high gpa or low gpa influence their decision?
I don't believe so. Like I said, I'm fairly confident the only criteria is the 5.0 average. If you have a 12, I don't think you have a better chance than someone with an 8.

That being said, if you have a 5.5, they might be cautious about extending you an offer. You could end up on the waiting list until they can see how this term pans out.
Old 01-20-2010 at 06:33 PM   #27
qwerty!

I had a shitty first year but they're not supposed to look at that especially if I've improved a lot this year. I'm a bit nervous, not for the GPA thing though...just scared of screwing up :( and then being homeless :p
Old 01-20-2010 at 08:05 PM   #28
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
I had a shitty first year but they're not supposed to look at that especially if I've improved a lot this year. I'm a bit nervous, not for the GPA thing though...just scared of screwing up :( and then being homeless :p
Don't be nervous. The interview will be very conversational. It's probably one of the friendliest interviews I've ever done. I've done some awful, mean interviews, and the RLS interview was not one of them.

Just answer honestly, and be sure that your responses highlight the key competencies they're asking about/looking for.
Old 01-21-2010 at 09:55 AM   #29
mcmaster12

good thing i have another professional job interview tmr. that'll get me into shape and the emotional state for an interview. I hope these two jobs work out! *cross fingersss
Old 01-21-2010 at 04:45 PM   #30
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
good thing i have another professional job interview tmr. that'll get me into shape and the emotional state for an interview. I hope these two jobs work out! *cross fingersss
Good luck!